Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Fan Made Ultimatum Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some cards for the Ultimatums to let people have something to print out and have instead of referencing an online list. However, Fantasy Flight provided us with 10 ideas, and with 9 cards to a sheet, I sourced the Mythos Busters Discord channel and the Arkham Horror LCG subreddit for ideas. I figure others may have some ideas, so put them here and if they're liked enough, I'll add them as new pages to the file page!

Edit: So we don't keep getting the same ideas, here's what we have so far:

Official FFG
Ultimatum of Finality - If an investigator is defeated by physical damage, they are killed. If an investigator is defeated by mental damage, they are driven insane. Campaign Mode only.
Ultimatum of Survival - If an investigator is killed or driven insane, that player is eliminated from the campaign and cannot continue playing as a new investigator. Campaign Mode only.
Ultimatum of Failure - Add an additional Tentacle chaos token to the chaos bag for the entirety of the event.
Ultimatum of Broken Promises - Remove the Elder Sign chaos token from the chaos bag for the entirety of the event.
Ultimatum of Induction - Investigator decks can only contain level 0 cards. Investigators cannot earn or spend experience.
Ultimatum of Disaster - Add 1 additional random basic weakness to each investigator's starting deck.
Ultimatum of Dread - Do not skip the mythos phase during the first round of each game.
Ultimatum of Agony - When assigning damage or horror, investigators must assign as much damage or horror as possible to a single card before any excess damage or horror may be assigned to a different card.
Ultimatum of Chaos - Each player's starting deck of 30 non-signature, non-weakness cards must be selected at random from among all eligible options in that player's collection.
Ultimatum of the Highlander - Each investigator's deck can only include 1 copy of each card, by title (unless multiple copies of that card are required by that investigator's deckbuilding requirements).

Fan Made
Ultimatum of Blind Chaos - Each player's starting deck of 30 non-signature, non-weakness cards must be selected at random from among all eligible options in that player's collection. Another person should build the deck, giving the player no insight into their deck contents.
Ultimatum of Self-Preservation - During the resolution of a scenario, if there was more than one undefeated investigator remaining, proceed as if there was no resolution. Multiplayer Mode only.
Ultimatum of Sacrifice - If a unique ally dies, exile it from all decks. They cannot be purchased for the remainder of the campaign.
Ultimatum of Addition - When counting the number of investigators, increase that number by 1.
Ultimatum of Poverty - After the upkeep phase, each player must either discard 1 card or discard 1 resource. If they are unable, they must take one horror.
Ultimatum of the Hunt - At the beginning of the Upkeep phase, if a non-Elite enemy has not moved yet this turn, move it one space closer to the nearest investigator.
Ultimatum of Monstrous Beasts - Increase each Enemy Fight Value and Enemy Evade Value by 1.
Ultimatum of Progression - When the Act advances, each investigator must choose one. Lose 2 Resources, take one direct damage, or take one direct horror.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen all of the existing Ultimatums. Are they available somewhere?

Edit: Found them
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're the first ten in my document, but yes, that's the link to their set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had already thought of a few that are probably a little out there.

Ultimatum of Double Jeopardy: After drawing a chaos token, resolve any effects, then return it to the bag and draw a second. Modifiers are cumulative.

Ultimatum of Neutrality: You may only include Neutral cards in your deck

Ultimatum of Focus: When building your deck, you must use the minimum possible number of cards from classes that are not your primary class, down to zero. Neutral cards are allowed.
For Lola, this means Neutral cards, plus exactly seven cards each from exactly three classes.
For Norman, this means Neutral and Level 0 Seeker cards only. Sorry, Norman.

Edit: another one

Ultimatum of Commitment: You may not take a mulligan or ignore weaknesses during setup. Any weaknesses drawn during setup must be resolved before the first Investigation phase, in drawn order, as if they had just been revealed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's a few:

Ultimatum of Isolation- You can not commit cards to skill tests performed by other investigators.

Ultimatum of Burden- When resolving "per investigator", add one to the number of players.

Ultimatum of Panic- Each agenda starts with one doom on it.

Ultimatum of Obsession- Player order always starts with the lead investigator and proceeds clockwise.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
I had already thought of a few that are probably a little out there.

Ultimatum of Double Jeopardy: After drawing a chaos token, resolve any effects, then return it to the bag and draw a second. Modifiers are cumulative.

Ultimatum of Neutrality: You may only include Neutral cards in your deck

Ultimatum of Focus: When building your deck, you must use the minimum possible number of cards from classes that are not your primary class, down to zero. Neutral cards are allowed.
For Lola, this means Neutral cards, plus exactly seven cards each from exactly three classes.
For Norman, this means Neutral and Level 0 Seeker cards only. Sorry, Norman.

Edit: another one

Ultimatum of Commitment: You may not take a mulligan or ignore weaknesses during setup. Any weaknesses drawn during setup must be resolved before the first Investigation phase, in drawn order, as if they had just been revealed.


Double Jeopardy - just painful, but why are you returning it to the bag first?
Neutrality - ...ouch.
Focus - That's an interesting one.
Commitment - I like that one. That's definitely getting added.

seenmycarkeys wrote:
So here's a few:

Ultimatum of Isolation- You can not commit cards to skill tests performed by other investigators.

Ultimatum of Burden- When resolving "per investigator", add one to the number of players.

Ultimatum of Panic- Each agenda starts with one doom on it.

Ultimatum of Obsession- Player order always starts with the lead investigator and proceeds clockwise.


Isolation - Multiplayer only, or at least multiple investigators, obviously. Kind of kills Minh though.
Burden - Already have it as Addition.
Panic - Ouch. I like it.
Obsession - Might change that to "Order," but I like it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have another idea for one.

Ultimatum of Perfection - If you notice a typo on a game card, instruction sheet, or other Arkham LCG material, you (as a player) suffer one horror.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Double Jeopardy - just painful, but why are you returning it to the bag first?

So that you might draw the same thing. It's sort of like a permanent Rex's Curse, for everyone. On the plus side, you might actually get two good draws. Imagine applying two Elder Signs in one skill check.

Quote:
Neutrality - ...ouch.

Yeah, that's almost a joke one. I haven't checked to see if it's even feasible yet.

Quote:
Focus - That's an interesting one.
Commitment - I like that one. That's definitely getting added.

Cool, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.