Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike van Schijndel
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZuidHolland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game! I repeat : GREAT GAME!!!

I've been a long time player and I've played about everything I could get my grabby little hands on for over the last 20 years. I've played deep, intense, complicated AD&D campaigns with rules for just about everything from sneezing to buying shoes, I have played complicated tabletop wargames with thick rulebooks and hundreds of soldiers, but there is just always something so appealing and refreshing about a simple, basic game like this!

I do admit, Im a sucker for the theme : I simply love dungeon crawlers!! Its where my interest in the games began, and my heart will always have a weakness for them! If you do as well, do yourself a favor and run to the store immediately and grab a copy of this great new game! Heck, buy two!!! You will not be disappointed!

D&D the boardgame is much more than just a watered down version of the full D&D game. They are not to be compared. D&D the boardgame is a simple, fast and fun game, played with 4 standard characters and 1 DM who tries to make their lives hell by repeatedly assaulting them with droves of monsters, traps and altogether evilness!! Players try to outwit the DM by working together and fighting the evil monsters whereever they go! Do I hear you saying "Munchkin-gaming"...? Sure thing, but its GOOD munchkin gaming!!!

It looks, plays and feels very similiar to games like HeroQuest, Advanced HeroQuest and Warhammer Quest (also excellent games!). Play short and simple adventures, or long, complicated campaigns, its your choice!

The game looks great. The minis are delightful and much better than I'd expected! Lots of small cards, beautiful full color playing tiles!

The rule system is very flexible and allows for improvisation. I started making up house rules right after our first game and I am now working on a book of traps! I always like adding stuff!

Only thing I didnt like is the XP system (there is none, char level is always tied to the map you are playing! Too simple in my opinion!) and the lack of gold (YIKES! NO GOLD?!?!?!?!). They could also have made the big boards smaller, so the game would have been even more modular. But oh well, there are loads of boards and tiles to download and buy on the internet, so you can always create your own sets!

Other those minor faults I totally loved this and I am sure I will play this to death!!

Go! Get! It! Now!!!

Mike van Schijndel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunny k
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:User Review
i read your article and by the way its very helpful

at the end you say that you can download and print more tiles and stuff, can you get any more characters or potions etc ? which website do you get it at?

email me at drunkenmonkey229@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.