Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/365630-angry-par...

Laughs, how bad does this speak to the President, when parents of children at a school that Ivanka Trump visited, are angry that they were not informed, so they could have the option of keeping the kids home that day?

I don't honestly think history has a match to this. Trump with a first, but not the type that is really enviable. Usually people line up to see the President, or his immediate family. Not so the case with Trump, he has been so divisive to the point where people want to avoid him, and his adminstration, at all costs. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how they said it was kept secret "for security." Bullshit.

The real reason I'm sure is they were afraid people would show up to boo Ivanka, would keep their kids home from school, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laughs, have to love the pic too, that shows her at her 'School Marm' best. I suspect that the outfit she is wearing is NOT on her 'Hot Sellers' list in her own clothing line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still doesn't beat Jerusalem cancelling Christmas due to Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

The real reason I'm sure is they were afraid people would show up to boo Ivanka, would keep their kids home from school, etc.

Actually, keeping a visit secret until it occurs makes a lot of sense from a security standpoint. This way, no one who intends violence against Trump's family has time to plot anything.

If they announce the visit in advance, they give plotters time to plant bombs or hide a gunman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Actually, keeping a visit secret until it occurs makes a lot of sense from a security standpoint. This way, no one who intends violence against Trump's family has time to plot anything.

If they announce the visit in advance, they give plotters time to plant bombs or hide a gunman.

Although technically you are correct, that is kind of the whole point. That due to Trumps divisiveness, there might be ALOT of people around that might plot violence against him, or his family. (For the record Secret Service, I am not one of them )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.