Subject: Enemy Focus and Movement Flowchart clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Ramsel
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My question lies in this part of the flowchart:

"Is there a valid path (with infinite movement) to at least one unoccupied hex from which to perform an attack on an enemy with the range the monster has this turn?"

Given:

1 = Enemies to act on a move+0 attack+0 Base Move=2 attack=2
E = Random Enemies
B = Brute in doorway

. 1 . . .
. . . . .
. . E E .
-----B-----

Am I interpreting correctly that in this instance in the event "1" does not have range he would not move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. There are no empty hexes from which "1" could attack the Brute, so it has no focus, does not move and does not attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Correct.

If the brute is the only character, then there is no focus.

If there is another character that the monster could get to (assuming infinite movement), then that character would be the focus and the monster would move toward it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sauce
United States
West Chester
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nungunz wrote:
Correct.

If there is another character that the monster could get to (assuming infinite movement), then that character would be the focus and the monster would move toward it.

Wow really? I did not see it that way. I guess I need to watch for this sort of thing. I just treated #1's allies (E's) as empty spaces for the purposes of finding a focus. I see why you are correct, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tallyst wrote:
nungunz wrote:
Correct.

Wow really? I did not see it that way. I guess I need to watch for this sort of thing. I just treated #1's allies (E's) as empty spaces for the purposes of finding a focus. I see why you are correct, though.
Yes, it's an important distinction that, while Allies do not block the path, they do block the "target hex", which has to be unoccupied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.