Edgar Matos
Portugal
flag msg tools
youtube.com/soloedquest
badge
youtube.com/soloedquest
mbmbmbmbmb
So my girlfriend loves books...
I love board games... and after seeing thise one I thought this is perfect for her!

Problem is she's more into cooperative experiences, not so much competetive.
So my question is, can this game be played in cooperative mode or be easily adapted to do so?
The inclusion of a solo mode leads me to think it might have some cooperative nature but I'd like to ask you more informed gents if it does so I can decide if this will be my next buy or not

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the solo mode is effectively you against an invisible opponent.

I don't see an easy way to reuse the solo rules as they are written to work for cooperative unless you both share one pool of workers (and cards / library) from a player and take turns putting the workers out (alternating the special worker every round).

Alternatively you could play with one pool of workers, but with two of them special instead of one, so that each of you get a special worker. You would still be sharing cards and the library.

Some specials (for example the Snowman, the Sasquatch, and the Gremlin) would be useless in this mode. The automaton would be confusing, but would probably consider all workers as part of its team.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who tries a coop version like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Matos
Portugal
flag msg tools
youtube.com/soloedquest
badge
youtube.com/soloedquest
mbmbmbmbmb
That's such a shame to hear.

Thanks for your reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the exact same question as OP and wondering whether it would work to play a co-op game as two individual players separately against the public library. In practice, it would be like two solo games against an automa and the victory condition would be that both players each win against the public library.

Has anyone tried that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.