Subject: Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?
I don't do that.
I haven't even started.
I've barely begun.
All but some stocking stuffers.
I have most of it done but there's still a thing or two to get.
Everything but one.
Yes. Yes, I have.
What I am I, some kind of amateur? I was done a month ago.
Rookies-- I shop in the summer, so I've been done for-ever.
Other
      43 answers
Poll created by MABBY

What's the latest that you've ever done your shopping?
Have you ever resorted to buying stuff from the 7-Eleven, or a gas station, on Christmas Eve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fortunate, in some ways. I only have 3 presents to buy-- my wife, my daughter, and whoever is on the "list" for the couple's gift. We're in a family couple's collective, that rotates giver/ receiver every year.
Lately (the past 4 years?) it's been a gift certificate to a restaurant, both given and received. We all have so much STUFF, already. A night out for dinner is a good gift.

Back when I was in University (i.e. broke and clueless), I was at a shopping mall on Dec. 24th desperately looking for something for my girlfriend at the time.
I can't remember what lame item I eventually settled upon. Possibly a big stuffed animal.
But I do remember that the mall was closing in under an hour, when I left with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ゆき 岩倉
Japan
東京
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m all done, thanks Internet

Had to shop on Christmas Eve once. Never again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got home from buying the last two Christmas gifts. Now I need to pick up a couple hostess gifts for the people who are having me over on Christmas Day. While doing that I'll probably see some other stocking stuffer I can't resist and buy that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I just got home from buying the last two Christmas gifts. Now I need to pick up a couple hostess gifts for the people who are having me over on Christmas Day. While doing that I'll probably see some other stocking stuffer I can't resist and buy that too.

Stocking stuffers are hard to resist.
You think you're done, when you suddenly see something and say, "Oh! That would be prefect for..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saz Wells
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Did all mine in October and November. I Refuse to go near Cambridge city centre in December. Life’s too short to waste. Just wish my sisters would stop having kids. It’s getting more expensive by the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the internet, I'm done shopping, but 4 of my presents won't be arriving until after Christmas. And it's not like I didn't order them early. Merry Christmas. Here's you FedEx tracking number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy online for my daughter as well as in person (Bath and Bodyworks & chocolate from Aldi). That’s been done; just have to wrap them and make my super fabulous homemade Christmas cards--one for her and one for my hubby.

I am only missing shopping for the dog’s gifts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Sexby
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost there...almost there...

All the prezzies are bought, apart from my Dad's, which is "Lost in the post". One of two gifts I got online...cheers, Post Office.shake Going to fix that tomorrow, by going to an honest-to-goodness, bricks and mortar shop.

Apart from that, all that's left is some fresh food bits - I have four big meals to cook over five days (with help!). Welcome to Ed's Xmas Kitchen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ゆき 岩倉
Japan
東京
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward Sexby wrote:
Almost there...almost there...

All the prezzies are bought, apart from my Dad's, which is "Lost in the post". One of two gifts I got online...cheers, Post Office.shake Going to fix that tomorrow, by going to an honest-to-goodness, bricks and mortar shop.

Apart from that, all that's left is some fresh food bits - I have four big meals to cook over five days (with help!). Welcome to Ed's Xmas Kitchen...

Gotta love Royal Mail. They delivered two of my packages to the wrong house (third time they’ve done this) shake. Luckily I have honest neighbours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.