Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should this upgrade only be +1 Shot/Combat per Horror Hit, otherwise the +3 Limit makes little sense. My Cowboy is fighting a Goliath and three Necronauts, so he will max out, but I cannot see the sense in going from +2 for one Horror Hit, then +3 if two or more. While I am here is it per Horror Hit regardless of whether the Cowboy takes any sanity damage or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Should this upgrade only be +1 Shot/Combat per Horror Hit, otherwise the +3 Limit makes little sense. My Cowboy is fighting a Goliath and three Necronauts, so he will max out, but I cannot see the sense in going from +2 for one Horror Hit, then +3 if two or more. While I am here is it per Horror Hit regardless of whether the Cowboy takes any sanity damage or not?

Yeah they still take the Horror Hits regardless of whether they save vs. them. In regard to the +2 Shots/Combat - as written it just looks like the bonus is +2 for 1, +3 for >1.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I think I will play it as +1 each to a max of +3, it just makes more sense to have it progress +1, +2, +3. I might also made it only uncanceled hits, as it still looks too powerful to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Philip Jelley wrote:
Thanks, but I think I will play it as +1 each to a max of +3, it just makes more sense to have it progress +1, +2, +3. I might also made it only uncanceled hits, as it still looks too powerful to me.

I'm thinking that was the intent (you turn your actual fears into adrenaline), but rules as written it's clearly not the case (A Horror Hit is defined as pre-Willpower test. After that it's Sanity Damage).

However, this wouldn't be the first time that FFP have messed up terminology when spelling out rules.

And it does seem like it's a little overpowered as written (especially as that skill tree doesn't have any crappy ones you have to suffer through like the skill trees on some characters do), so I'd have no issue with your variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a fat lot of good it did him, KO’d by a Goliath and two Necronauts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.