Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game worth playing with 2, or is it best at only 3-4? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Meyers
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have only played it with 2 players and not with 3-4, so take this with a grain of salt. The white progress markers scale with player count, and there is a bit of a rush to achieve them before your opponent does. However, the game lacks tension in terms of constructing warehouses and availability of dice to ship. Overall, the game was fun at 2, but I would not seek it out if looking for anything with tension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas spitzer
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could think about an "automa function", but at the time of origin ~ 2006-2010 that was not an issue. With 2 players there is only 1 competition in the game...Of course, with 3-4 players more tension.
But the problem possess other games too. For me, it's a piece of regional industrial history...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, but only after one play with 3 players, so take the advice lightly, it'd be inclined to recommend the game with 4 players as that will maximize the competition for the warehouses etc.

Again, this is "early" advice

In our 3 player game we had a runaway leader because he was the only person to have build in the Ruhr-port and hence winning with 12 points ahead of second. (42-30-29)

Me and my fellow loser thought we'd manage to catch-up in the endgame scoring but that was certainly not the case.

We were all very late (round 6-7?) to go into the Grafschap territory and currently we're a bit unsure of the optimal path (unlocking techs and hence delivery planning) and if there are multiple "optimal" paths, call it strategies for winning this game.

Definitely looking forward to playing this again. Hopefully with a better result (I had only 29 points)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.