Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: Another print rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S B
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
All of my FLGS have sold out of the game. Is there plan for another print wave of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
demorath wrote:
All of my FLGS have sold out of the game. Is there plan for another print wave of the game?

3rd print run is in transit on a boat to GtG headquarters and expected January/February. That includes a second printing of the expansion and the promo spirits, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:

3rd print run is in transit on a boat to GtG headquarters and expected January/February. That includes a second printing of the expansion and the promo spirits, too.

You are my nemesis today, friendo. You're beating me to my answers. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
imprimis5 wrote:
jsdougan wrote:

You are my nemesis today, friendo. You're beating me to my answers. :-)

Well, I'm about to go heads-down in grading papers again, so you're free to be the one to do it. I just try not to grade where students can see, even on final exam days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:

Well, I'm about to go heads-down in grading papers again, so you're free to be the one to do it. I just try not to grade where students can see, even on final exam days.

Oh, I'm not really complaining. I'm typically happy to let someone else do my job for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
jsdougan wrote:
demorath wrote:

Thank you for your response. Would you roughly estimate that it would probably be on the shelves in Canada around March?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demorath wrote:
jsdougan wrote:

Thank you for your response. Would you roughly estimate that it would probably be on the shelves in Canada around March?

That sounds reasonable. Maybe even earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it planned for any shops in Europe to also get the promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Is it planned for any shops in Europe to also get the promos?

That depends on whether any order it or not. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the promos are 'regular' retail items?
Good to know. As much as I'd like to order from you directly shipping to Europe is really totally too much to even consider.

Other question if you don't mind:
Is there any way to get replacements for the misprinted card in 2nd and 3rd edition or an upgrade for the updated spirit from 2nd to 3rd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
kilrah wrote:
...the updated spirit from 2nd to 3rd?

May I ask what you're thinking of? I don't think there were any Spirits with gameplay-relevant changes from 2nd to 3rd printing. (Or 1st to 2nd printing, for that matter.)

Many Spirit mats received minor wording improvements or small formatting-consistency fixes - eg, removing a few ":"s after Special Rule titles, or cleaning up an inconsistent font usage - but nothing that changed how they worked, even when wording was altered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Errata for timing on Vengeance of the Dead -- The base (pre-threshold) effect text should read, "3 Fear. After each effect that destroys Town/City/Dahan in target land, 1 Damage per Town/City/Dahan destroyed."
What the Power does is identical, but the timing is different ("after" instead of "when"). This mostly only matters for Bringer of Dreams & Nightmares.
(Eg: A land has two Towns and a City with 1 Damage. Bringer of Dreams & Nightmares uses Vengeance of the Dead. Lightning's Swift Strike uses max level Thundering Destruction to destroy Town, Town, City. The rephrased version clearly does 3 "Damage" after the complete resolution of Thundering Destruction; the original version was ambiguous.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ah! Vengeance of the Dead is a Power Card, not a Spirit.

I don't think there's any replacement plans? The errata to it, while over the line into "game-affecting change", doesn't have a very high practical impact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Pifferi
Italy
reggio Emilia
Emilia-Romagna
flag msg tools
mb
kilrah wrote:
So the promos are 'regular' retail items?
Good to know. As much as I'd like to order from you directly shipping to Europe is really totally too much to even consider.

I'm in the same boat: I really want to order those 2 promo spirits cry

A question for GTG: will you offer a better shipping rate for those promos? They're not big boxes and maybe shipping with an envelope is enough... (I'm asking for EU shipping!)
Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PiffoLOL wrote:

A question for GTG: will you offer a better shipping rate for those promos? They're not big boxes and maybe shipping with an envelope is enough... (I'm asking for EU shipping!)
Thanks in advance!

Nope. A one-off package of that size is expensive to ship. Unless it’s changed since I’ve been gone for the holidays, our store calculates the actual cost rather than a flat rate. Probably best to urge your local store to order them in bulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Pifferi
Italy
reggio Emilia
Emilia-Romagna
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for your answer, I'll try to contact some italian webstore to see if they will purchase the promo spirits! In any casa as soon as they will come back to your store I'll see how much it cost... I just want everything of SI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.