Brian
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Can patrols only attempt to observe hidden movement markers that were the subject of a failed helicopter observation attempt earlier in the turn, or can they attempt to observe any one hidden movement marker within their patrol radius, regardless of whether it was the subject of a helicopter observation attempt? The way I read 16.5.2.2 it is the first case, but in the example of play the Delta patrol makes an observation attempt on hidden movement marker #5, which was not the subject of aerial observation earlier in the example (unless I missed it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brian s wrote:
Can patrols only attempt to observe hidden movement markers that were the subject of a failed helicopter observation attempt earlier in the turn, or can they attempt to observe any one hidden movement marker within their patrol radius, regardless of whether it was the subject of a helicopter observation attempt? The way I read 16.5.2.2 it is the first case, but in the example of play the Delta patrol makes an observation attempt on hidden movement marker #5, which was not the subject of aerial observation earlier in the example (unless I missed it).

They may make their own attempts. The language in 16.5.2.2 is simply trying to convey that you can get another shot at Hidden Movement Marker if the aerial or helicopter observation failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for clearing that up for me and for such a quick response. I'm really enjoying this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brian s wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me and for such a quick response. I'm really enjoying this game.

My pleasure. Happy to hear you're enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.