Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Crisman
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how the expansions kind of tell a story about this treacherous cave. So, I began working on some ideas to turn a series of games into a campaign. Here’s what I have so far. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Starting with a random character supply of five characters, I play the base game running four characters.

If I successfully complete that game, I’ll then add the Agent and all of the Investigation expansion components. The Item tiles will randomly have one of the fallen characters from the first game that can be rescued (if any). The rescued characters don’t get actions. A character may carry the rescued character by spending one action while on the fallen characters tile, and placing it’s meeple on their board. However, this reduces the number of actions that character gets per round. So often, they will have to exert themselves to even get through the cave.

If I complete that game, the rescued characters are added back to the character pool. Then, I move on to the next expansion, adding in the mercenary and all of its components.

If I finish that game, I add in the final expansion, with the Exterminator and all of its components.

Only after finishing that (ideally) fourth game is the campaign complete. The goal is to have all characters you started with in the character pool, and the three expansion characters that you added over the series of games, all survive.

You don’t officially lose the campaign until you can’t field a squad of four characters. So if you lose one game, you can reset it and go back at it with four of your remaining characters if you have them.

As a different “win” condition, I’m toying with the idea of just needing the original five members to survive. That would compensate for the possibility that Item tiles are removed during set up, reducing the chances of rescuing characters.

Difficulty can obviously be scaled by normal game means, but the way I’ve been playing, it’s plenty hard enough on normal!

Joshua
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franco
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How is going your campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Matte
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
May I suggest something?

In rescue mode, the rescued character Must choose:

*Spent two action healing;
*do just one action, or two if move (but the rescuer MUST be with him, in both tiles, moving together. You use "move" twice, for both.

Thematically, it`s like the rescued is not 100% okay, so he/she only can perform one action, but the rescuer can help him to walk.

One problem with this is that you take all skills of the medic if he is the rescued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.