Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Anyone know where i can buy just the decks of cards?
- and, will Wings of War planes work fine with Wings of Glory? (are the symbols on the bases, cards, etc. the same)

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Planes from the original WoW are compatible with WoG. In fact, Ares has rereleased most of them now with the final set (original wave 4) announced to be released in April 2018.

Which card do you mean? The damage decks? According to their site, the RAP comes with an A, B, C and D damage deck, so I'd suggest starting with that if you have planes already. I think the Duel Packs also have an A damage deck, plus two planes, so that could be an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks evan...but, what's the "RAP"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules and Accessories Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ML2376 wrote:
Rules and Accessories Pack.
found a listing for one of these...

- now maneuver decks must come with the actual planes, correct? or is it possible to also buy extra maneuver decks somewhere? (i would think many planes would actually be using the same maneuver decks)

- this looks like it comes with 4 damage decks (A-B-C-D)...does each player need their own deck? if you have 4 players, might 3 of them all be using the "B deck" (for example)? and if so, can they share or would you need 3 "B decks"?

thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets take a step back, just in case there is any confusion. You are posting on the Wings of Glory Rules and Accessories Pack, so I want to make sure you understand that the RAP is ONLY rules and accessories. There are no planes. No movement decks. It assumes you will buy at least two miniatures to play the game. This RaP will give you the stuff you need to play the game with miniatures. Chits, damage decks, rules, etc.

Just want to make that abundantly clear. Now, the short answers to your questions are in bold, but I went into lots of detail if you want to get into the weeds.

tl;dr - The Rules and Accessories pack will handle up to 4 players with miniatures. More than 4 players, and you'll need to do some planning to make it work.

Quote:
- now maneuver decks must come with the actual planes, correct? or is it possible to also buy extra maneuver decks somewhere?

Simple Answer - No need to buy extra maneuver decks. Your miniatures comes with their deck.

Each plane miniature you buy comes with its maneuver deck. Some different planes do use the same maneuver deck. For example, Fokker Dr.1 and Sopwith Triplane both use Deck D. But, if you are playing the game with miniatures, there will be no need to buy additional maneuver decks. Each plane will have their own when you get the miniature.

More complicated explanation. Only read if you are getting your hands on Wing of War sets.

Now, you can play the game with plane cards instead of miniatures. If you purchase the original Wings of War sets, such as Famous Aces and Watch Your Back, they came with lots of plane cards. In these sets, there was only one of each maneuver deck, even though there were multiple plane cards using the same deck. This would be the only situation where you might need extra maneuver decks.

You can still play the game with multiple planes sharing the same single maneuver deck. It just takes extra work. Players can write down on a piece of paper the three maneuver card numbers they want to use. Then each player can share cards to execute their plane's move. If multiple people need the same card, just move and pass the card to the next person.

Maneuver decks are not sold on their own by Ares. You can buy extra Wings of War sets to get extra movement decks. Sometimes, people have sold the decks on eBay, but that is very pricey. Might as well just buy the miniatures you want since they come with the right deck.
Quote:

- this looks like it comes with 4 damage decks (A-B-C-D)...does each player need their own deck? if you have 4 players, might 3 of them all be using the "B deck" (for example)? and if so, can they share or would you need 3 "B decks"?

You can play with up to 4 players per on a single damage deck type.

Each plane has a letter for a damage deck, representing the type of gun(s) the plane used. So, if you have 4 planes with Damage A, and 2 planes with Damage B, you'll have both decks available, and players will draw their damage from the deck for their plane. C and D damage decks are for special damage, such as Le Prieur rockets or AA guns. You may not ever use them unless you want to get into the more detailed special rules.

You can play the game with up to 4 planes per damage deck. If you go over 4 planes with Damage A, for example, you'll need to add a 2nd Damage A deck. I personally use an extra damage deck anytime I'm 3 players or more, because I like to have the bigger mix of cards. Extra damage decks are available by buying another RAP, or some of the "big box" Wings of War/Wings of Glory sets. They aren't sold individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks craig...and yes, i have quite a few WoW planes (just never used them, played)...Wings of Glory seems to be slightly easier (but, maybe not) so i think i'd like to introduce it to a few members of our gaming group...and see how it goes...

i have planes, 3-4 mats...so now will try and decide on which set of rules/format to start out with (although the format's seem the same, from what i can tell online)...

but again, thanks for all the info...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
have quite a few WoW planes (just never used them, played)...Wings of Glory seems to be slightly easier (but, maybe not)

WoW and WoG rules are identical. There is no change at all between the games, other than graphics on the cards. 100% compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
WoG did change, slightly, a few of the manuevers that a few planes can make. A slight update really...but the two games are 100% compatible as is...I have both and there are no problems...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.