Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question...
3 gunners have a FoF on a German attacker...first 2 miss....3rd gets a 66 ..
Does he have to share the kill? Let’s say a 66 on the first roll....again,does he get full credit or share?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Polak
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Question...
3 gunners have a FoF on a German attacker...first 2 miss....3rd gets a 66 ..
Does he have to share the kill? Let’s say a 66 on the first roll....again,does he get full credit or share?
Thanks

Rule 5.5 states he would share the kill: "If multiple guns fire at the same fighter and a Kill result is obtained during the course of that combat, then the credit for the kill is shared between the guns firing on the fighter. . ."
I also suggest that you examine a previous thread on this issue, https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1845055/getting-credit-kill
You may note that there are several opinions. Note also there is a new Optional Rule 7.6 that was created in response to questions just like yours.
Have a great day, and keep flying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew...
Thank you..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the thing to keep in mind here is that the sequential aspect of this is purely an artifact of the game system -- i.e., the "to hit" rolls.

IRL, all three gunners would be firing at the fighter more or less at the same time, so there would be no way for anyone to tell who actually scored the decisive hit.

This becomes even more complicated in that, while the game doesn't address it, there could be gunners from other bombers also firing at the same fighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johanson
United States
Justin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NorthstarNY wrote:
I think that the thing to keep in mind here is that the sequential aspect of this is purely an artifact of the game system -- i.e., the "to hit" rolls.

IRL, all three gunners would be firing at the fighter more or less at the same time, so there would be no way for anyone to tell who actually scored the decisive hit.

This becomes even more complicated in that, while the game doesn't address it, there could be gunners from other bombers also firing at the same fighter.

Mark has the right idea.

But to his last point, as Andrew mentioned above, the optional rules 7.6 Awards does address multiple bombers getting credit for a kill (it's a die roll like everything else in this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate all the guidance....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.