Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mystic Vale» Forums » General

Subject: Did I score this card right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I counted 16 points, which seems insane given that we were playing a 2P game and the VP pools only has 23 chits.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Buckmaster
United States
Ada
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
16 is my count too lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Easton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
17, no?

Helmets are 12 (4*2 + 4*1) and card points are 5.

EDIT: Nevermind...I thought it was endgame scoring. Missed Harvest. Sorry. whistle

Kevin
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the Harvester loves the Stag.
But with expansions you can do even more devastating

Congrats!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
I counted 16 points, which seems insane given that we were playing a 2P game and the VP pools only has 23 chits.

Frankly, when you have two level 3 and one level 2 card in a sleeve, it should start approaching the end of the game anyway. No need to prolong it unnecessarily, and instead revel in a glorious combo. Which is what the game is about.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
17, no?

Helmets are 12 (4*2 + 4*1) and card points are 5.

EDIT: Nevermind...I thought it was endgame scoring. Missed Harvest. Sorry. whistle

Kevin


If it was endgame scoring, it would be only the 5.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, 16 points.

But don’t think badly of the game. Last game I played, one player made insane cards and drew his entire deck many times. He lost to the new player who had been building so slowly and steadily that I was feeling sorry for him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
We felt the Stag skews the balance, so we've banned it (along with some other cards) for a couple of games. Later on, with the 2nd expansion we threw all cards in again and it was just fine.
The commons became so diluted that the guardian strategy isn't always reliable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizolof wrote:
We felt the Stag skews the balance, so we've banned it (along with some other cards) for a couple of games. Later on, with the 2nd expansion we threw all cards in again and it was just fine.
The commons became so diluted that the guardian strategy isn't always reliable.


This is one of my concerns. I have Vale of the Wild and Vale of Magic. Have been planning on getting Mana Storm. However, I am concerned about dilution of content.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, dilution of content is a GOOD thing. It means you have to tune your strategy to what's actually available and thus increases replayability.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:
IMO, dilution of content is a GOOD thing. It means you have to tune your strategy to what's actually available and thus increases replayability.



couldn't agree more

we eveen had a game with not a single growth symbol or "cancel all decay", and it was great
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.