Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason DeYoung
United States
New Boston
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler

We just completed game 2. We opened crates that have minions in them and the building to get minions. But we feel like there should be a token for the minions but we have not seen them yet. We did build one of the buildings that gets you minions but Do we need to open the crate of the building that was constructed to find them or did I miss something on a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassio Santos Pereira
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about Minions
You missed something in the Crate Index. Take a look again. You should have Minion meeples in one of the roman numbered boxes (i, ii, iii, iv), but please refer to the index again to open the correct one. Which meeple to get from it will be obvious, as the card that describes the Minion effects have a picture with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be box iv with instruction to remove only the type of minion you unlocked. One goes to the unlocker and the rest to reserve supply. Edit sorry specifics to our game, read the index carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: The minions are indeed in tuckbox iv, so just extract the minion tokens from that box that apply to the type of minion you unlocked. Also, would you mind changing the subject of this thread so it doesn't give away the concept of minions to people who don't want it spoiled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason DeYoung
United States
New Boston
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you and yes I can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gunther mertens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question about how minions work.

On the rulesticker there is an explanation that minions are a form of worker, but that every card that relays to workers is also applicable to minions.(sort of what I remember after game 2 - the game is my friend's and I do not have the rulebook in front of me, so please excuse how I recall it)

Does this mean that, when putting a minion on a building, you get the good produced by the building like a worker does? And for buildings with costs attached to it you have to pay the cost?
Or does a minion only means get the advantage as discribed on their card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore this response, see below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loki: I appreciate you trying to help, but that's incorrect. Minions are workers, so in addition to getting a special bonus, they get to use the building like any worker (pay the cost, gain the benefit).

See the FAQ for more details: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/charterstone/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, ok that’s another rule I got wrong. So, the minion is actually more powerful than the worker, although only on your own charter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lokitoo wrote:
Wow, ok that’s another rule I got wrong. So, the minion is actually more powerful than the worker, although only on your own charter.

And very vulnerable to being blocked, because you can only play it in unoccupied buildings.
But yeah, they're still great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.