Subject: Living Corpse AI question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the action below, is the Lose 1 Damage part of the Attack, and thus dependent upon an attack being made... the smaller text is throwing me off, but the space between suggests that it is separate.

Just wanted to makes sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You read the card, top line to bottom line. If it's in the same line, it's dependent on what else is in that line. You go top to bottom, resolving each in order. In this case, it first tries to attack it's focus. It then tries to do the push to it's focus. If there is no focus in melee range, it goes down to the next line. Which in this case, it then takes 1 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is separate. Had it been in smaller text ... the Living corpse would only take 1 damage if they attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text would be quite a bit smaller if the damage were part of the attack (definitely no bigger than the push text).

And you can also sometimes tell by line spacing: you'll notice that the space between the attack and push is quite small, while the space between the push and damage is considerably larger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clarified this with Isaac recently for pretty well all similar monster so cards.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27651631#27651631
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kambei4prez wrote:
If there is no focus in melee range, it goes down to the next line. Which in this case, it then takes 1 damage.

If that right? I thought you performed all actions on a card. In which case this would be attack melee with +2 and if it attacked in melee then push the focus 1. Then the corpse takes 1 damage, regardless if it attacked or not and regardless if it hit or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Todd Degani wrote:
Kambei4prez wrote:
If there is no focus in melee range, it goes down to the next line. Which in this case, it then takes 1 damage.

If that right? I thought you performed all actions on a card. In which case this would be attack melee with +2 and if it attacked in melee then push the focus 1. Then the corpse takes 1 damage, regardless if it attacked or not and regardless if it hit or not.

It seems like you are saying the same thing as the quote.. I don't understand your doubt.

You are both correct, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Filla
United States
Hales Corners
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mhl7 wrote:
Todd Degani wrote:
Kambei4prez wrote:

It seems like you are saying the same thing as the quote.. I don't understand your doubt.

You are both correct, anyway.

I think the confusion came from the fact that Kambei4prez's comment seemed to imply that you only went to the "take 1 damage" line if the monster did not find focus (which I don't think is what he meant, but it does read that way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.