Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

once more i need help zombie

1. T60 power armors - once give S other gives E - so if I level up and gain S or E can I take them if I want? Or I cannot and have to take perk?
2. dogmeat and mysterious stranger - they dont have companion icons but cards say they are companions (?!) - can I use them if I have them in my inventory, or I have to equip them like other companions?
3. wsg survival guide - it generates one reroll for each wsg contribution in play...but there is only one WSG in play? I simply cannot understand...
4. super sledge - so it has SSL symbols. It says "during a fight you may spend 2 rerolls to inflict 1 hit on enemy - so this means if I have S and L letters I can roll dices, and lets say use one reroll and not use other 2 rerolls that I have more to spend, but instead inflict 1 more hit? I am not sure what means to spend 2 rerolls.
Can I not roll at all and inflict 1 hit? Sorry English is my second language, and maybe i am missing something obvious so please if anyone can describe to me in detail how to use this weapon modest
5. all kind of drugs - for example Mentats, buffouts etc. - "during test or fight the uses P or I exhaust to add one hit. "How can fight use P or I? (i understand that some tests uses P or I) But in fight P or I can be used only if I have weapon that uses my E or I. Please explain...
6. singed duster, lab coat - I can use them only for tests, not for fights?
7. addicted - if I become addicted I can use drugs withouut any restriction? It seems I will play this fully addicted and take many drugs they seems good and useful (parental advisory) Am I missing something?

Maybe some of my questions and bit stupid and you ll think i am trolling...blushbut I bought game yesterday and want to know everything before I introduce it to my gaming team...

EDIT: typos and 7th question

Many thx, and happy gaming
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Hi,

once more i need help zombie

1. T60 power armors - once give S other gives E - so if I level up and gain S or E can I take them if I want? Or I cannot and have to take perk?

Yes, you can still take those tokens. In fact, you can't take an S or E perk until you do take those tokens. The armor only gives you access to re-rolls.

Quote:
2. dogmeat and mysterious stranger - they dont have companion icons but cards say they are companions (?!) - can I use them if I have them in my inventory, or I have to equip them like other companions?

The consensus seems to be that those cards are misprinted and should be treated as companions.

Quote:
3. wsg survival guide - it generates one reroll for each wsg contribution in play...but there is only one WSG in play? I simply cannot understand...

The game will make it clear when you find the quest which gives it to you.

Quote:
4. super sledge - so it has SSL symbols. It says "during a fight you may spend 2 rerolls to inflict 1 hit on enemy - so this means if I have S and L letters I can roll dices, and lets say use one reroll and not use other 2 rerolls that I have more to spend, but instead inflict 1 more hit? I am not sure what means to spend 2 rerolls.
Can I not roll at all and inflict 1 hit? Sorry English is my second language, and maybe i am missing something obvious so please if anyone can describe to me in detail how to use this weapon modest

Yes, you got it right. It has SSL which means if you have the L then the weapon will give you one reroll, if you have S then the weapon will give you two rerolls, if you have both then the weapon will give you three rerolls. You could use those rerolls as usual (by re-rolling the dice) OR you can give up two of the rerolls to just add a hit.

Quote:
5. all kind of drugs - for example Mentats, buffouts etc. - "during test or fight the uses P or I exhaust to add one hit. "How can fight use P or I? (i understand that some tests uses P or I) But in fight P or I can be used only if I have weapon that uses my E or I. Please explain...

If you're using a weapon then that fight is said to "use" all of the stats that the weapon gives rerolls for. So if you're using a weapon that gives rerolls on E and I then the fight you are in is said to "use" E and I. IMPORTANT: You don't need to have the matching token for this to be true. If the weapon has E and I but you have neither E nor I, the *fight* still uses E and I for the purposes of using drugs.

Quote:
6. singed duster, lab coat - I can use them only for tests, not for fights?

Right. Fights and tests are different things.

Quote:
7. addicted - if I become addicted I can use drugs withouut any restriction? It seems I will play this fully addicted and take many drugs they seems good and useful (parental advisory) Am I missing something?

You can, yes, but remember you have to pay a cap to untap them (and you have to untap them if you can). So you'll be able to freely use all your drugs without getting *more* addicted, but you'll quickly run out of money. (And you'll never be well-rested.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, many thx for quick and detailed answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:

Quote:

The consensus seems to be that those cards are misprinted and should be treated as companions.

Is that right though? In the Rules Reference there is an entry about Characters that the player can "gain" during the game that aren't treated as Companion cards. Would this rule not apply to Dogmeat and Mysterious Stranger?

"When a survivor gains a character card that is not an item
or companion, it is placed next to his or her player board.
That survivor must follow all rules listed on that card. These
character cards cannot be traded or discarded."

Actually scrub that, I just realised that "character card" is referring to the card that represents the player's character, such as Ghoul, Wastelander, etc. and aren't something that you can get during the game.

Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.