Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted for Bob Hamel (who is not on BGG)

I am writing to ask all of you who are Boardgame Players Association members to consider voting for Tigers in the Mist as a trial event for 2018 at the wBC (World Boardgame Championships).

I have run Tigers as a Century Event at the WBC from 2000-2013. After the 2013 convention we were de-listed due to insufficient player hours.

In 2015-2017 GMT sponsored a return as a trial and we attracted 17 players with 22 games played and 16 players with 20 games played, and 16 players with 17 games respectively. This was a respectable showing, and fairly typical for the event, but again, we seem to have not made sufficient inroads to retain a spot. Therefore we need to see if it might be possible to appear again as a trial event. The best route would be via a vote of the players.

Last year we received 196 votes for Trial Status, which is fabulous, except that we came up about 9 votes short. Therefore I am attempting to cast a slightly wider net in the hope that we can gain Trial Status on our own.

Still we have a decent core of dedicated fans, and I would be remiss in not trying to keep the event alive. Stop by an play a game or two if you have free time. I’ve asked the Convention Director for a 9 am Friday start. I typically allow for a fourth round to be scheduled by opponents on Saturday which means most people have a shot at a game if you’d like to play or provide support in numbers.

If you haven’t voted for a trial yet, please consider Tigers. BTW, we are a Swiss Event and you are all invited and encouraged to play a round if you can squeeze one in.

Thanks for your consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Duffy

Virginia
msg tools
OK--I'll give you a vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.