Subject: Upgrades? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone upgraded any of the components to Macao?

I've seen plenty of Windrose additions. And even switching to real Macanese coins. But that's about it.

Anyone do anything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't much else to upgrade to be honest, short of making actual sculpted buildings for the districts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flood
United States
Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, get on that, Jack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about replacing the Ownership Markers with wooden building tokens like the ones in Catan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:
what about replacing the Ownership Markers with wooden building tokens like the ones in Catan?

I did that for my copy:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUSpmCZBzjD/?taken-by=diceandcou...

I also upgraded the coins to yellow wooden discs. A plano to store the wood cubes is also great for setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:

Did the same thing. Different wooden houaes but same concept and works really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I got fancy dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Boone
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macao being one of my top 2 favorite Feld games - I decided to bling my copy out a bit..

I created a foamcore insert, along with creating foamcore windrose trays for each player. I swapped out the coins with metals ones from my Dread Pirate game. I replaced the brown player color with red, and in doing so replaced all the wooden ships so they have the same design. For each player I picked up 12 wooden houses similar to those found in Catan to use for the ownership markers - while keeping the cardboard tokens to use as punish markers. All the extra wooden bits I ordered from spielematerial.de if you are interested in doing the same..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like others, I have upgraded the ownership markers, coins and windrose.

I also replaced the penalty markers with red glass beads.

I bought from a thrift shop a copy of Scrabble and a copy of deluxed scrabble and upgraded the wares markers.

I printed out the markers on a full sheet label, applied the jokers to the deluxe scrabble tiles and the normal ones to the normal tiles:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
Like others, I have upgraded the ownership markers, coins and windrose.

I also replaced the penalty markers with red glass beads.

I bought from a thrift shop a copy of Scrabble and a copy of deluxed scrabble and upgraded the wares markers.

I printed out the markers on a full sheet label, applied the jokers to the deluxe scrabble tiles and the normal ones to the normal tiles:

Awesome idea! I'm stealing it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.