Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kinner
United States
Monclova
Ohio
flag msg tools
History Teacher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure. The tactics chit lets you move from slow to fast correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Top right of page 9. Tactics counters let you act a *second* time in the same turn. So a Slow Commander can act in the Fast phase as well as his own, slow phase, and a Fast Commander can act a second time in the slow phase.

I don't know why they don't just say it this way: A tactic counter lets the commander act in *both* action phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kinner
United States
Monclova
Ohio
flag msg tools
History Teacher
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Top right of page 9. Tactics counters let you act a *second* time in the same turn. So a Slow Commander can act in the Fast phase as well as his own, slow phase, and a Fast Commander can act a second time in the slow phase.

I don't know why they don't just say it this way: A tactic counter lets the commander act in *both* action phases.

Thank you! That is what I thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! Having a Tactic Skill allows you to act in BOTH phases for a single turn. Some support vehicles give Command Tactics, and those can be used by any Commander in that Battle.

Also, If the Commander who has a Tactic is the highest ranking Commander in the field, they can give their Tactics away as if they were Command Tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
If the Commander who has a Tactic is the highest ranking Commander in the field, they can give their Tactics away as if they were Command Tactics.

I don't remember seeing this in the rules. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with SA from HL:CAO and IAFL? If it's there, I'm sure missing it. And it's not like I have any high level commanders in my North Africa campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Tee
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Is there a limit to how many times during a battle the tactics option can be used? Just one turn or every turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

When you use them you give up the Tactics counter, so once per week, essentially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.