Jesse Mayhew
United States
Florence
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
EXCELSIOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if anybody has any advise on finding proper sleeves for KDM 1.5.

I followed the sleeving suggestions that I've found online for sleeving the original version of the game, but I've found that, for the larger cards like settlement locations and Settlement events, the suggested sleeves don't actually fit the cards.

For Settlement events, I purchased 3&11/16" x 5&3.4 postcard sleeves, but these guys actually leave about 1/16th of the card poking out of the top.

Similarly, I purchased some Ultra-Pro Horizontal ONE-TOUCH resealable bags for the Settlement locations. (The exact kind that are recommended on Vibrant Lantern's "Organizing KDM" page.) It's maddening because this size is just shy of the cards (again maybe 1/16), but I cant get the cards to fit into them without bowing them.

Were these issues with the cards for the original KDM that people just lived with? Or are the 1.5 cards just ever-so-slightly larger?

The gear cards and the standard-sized monster cards are no problem and fit easily into American Fantasy Flight and Penny Sleeves, respectively, but the Settlement Cards just appear to be a very odd size.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
since you already have a boat load of postcards sleeves have you considered just cutting off the edge of one side of the cards to make them fit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Paladin and Mage Company offer sleeves for those odd sized cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
jparkerweb wrote:
since you already have a boat load of postcards sleeves have you considered just cutting off the edge of one side of the cards to make them fit?

Blasphemy!

oduh wrote:

I can attest of Paladin's excellence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:

As a Kickstarter backer for Mage's sleeves, I can attest that they made them but apparently ran out of funds to ship them, so they have been sitting in a warehouse for several months. They are only now starting to drip out to a handful of backers, so be advised there may be a wait if you order their stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been incredibly happy with Paladin's custom sized special KDM sleeves.

They have a Kickstarter which ends in 1-2 days, so you might want to check that, although it might take a while to receive them considering the production will start next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vaccaro
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:

I late-backed the latest Mage KS, which had a May delivery date. So far the sleeves... (Looks around room.) Nevermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mayhew
United States
Florence
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
EXCELSIOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats. Looks like the Paladin kickstarter is actually closed!

Regardign Mage Sleeves. I do have an excel sheet that they created for all of the games that they make cards for, but they just list 'kingdom death' and not 'kingdom death 1.5', which makes me nervous since it seeming like the cards are a different size in this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseMayhew wrote:
Rats. Looks like the Paladin kickstarter is actually closed!

Regardign Mage Sleeves. I do have an excel sheet that they created for all of the games that they make cards for, but they just list 'kingdom death' and not 'kingdom death 1.5', which makes me nervous since it seeming like the cards are a different size in this version.

No, it isn't. The Paladin Sleeves Season 2 Kickstarter is closing in around 15 hours or so. There's still time for you to get in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mayhew
United States
Florence
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
EXCELSIOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that! You're right: I was looking at the wrong Kickstarter.

Any idea which sizes fit which KDM cards? Sorry in advance if I'm missing an obvious link to where they list this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Stratton
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the heads up on that kickstarter. Got in just in time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Pickrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
JesseMayhew wrote:
Sorry about that! You're right: I was looking at the wrong Kickstarter.

Any idea which sizes fit which KDM cards? Sorry in advance if I'm missing an obvious link to where they list this...

This is from update #1 on the KS. For sleeving only core 1.5:

13 packs of Gawain: 57mm x 89mm, 696 cards.
7 packs of Palamedes: 51mm x 51mm, 368 cards.
1 pack of Morholt: 89mm x 146mm, under 55 cards.
1 pack of Mordred: 101.5mm x 203mm (4" x 8" ),under 55 cards.

Morholt and mordred will need to be added to your pledge during pledge manager, after the KS ends. I believe if you pledge the base amount, which is 20 packs, you'll be good. you will get your standard and gear cards, and then in the pledge manager you should be able to add the pack of morholt and mordred. I believe some of the above counts are marginally different on some sleeving guides i've seen, but if you got that you'd for sure be fine. If you have a bunch of other stuff coming you can find custom card counts here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xoOj83Z44BWaM3_zwxSs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
oduh wrote:

As a Kickstarter backer for Mage's sleeves, I can attest that they made them but apparently ran out of funds to ship them, so they have been sitting in a warehouse for several months. They are only now starting to drip out to a handful of backers, so be advised there may be a wait if you order their stuff.

Wow. Glad I went for the Paladin's KS instead of Mage's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 10 hours for Paladin!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/paladin-card-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter how good or bad the Paladin sleeves may be, there's no better marketing campaign for them than the fustercluck the Mage campaign ended up in. I know who I'm giving my money next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André
Denmark
flag msg tools
Europeans can preorder bundles from docsmagic.de with deliveries expected mid March.
Base game bundle
http://www.docsmagic.de/Docsmagicde-Kingdom-Death-Monster-Pr...
Settlement Event
http://www.docsmagic.de/50-Docsmagicde-Premium-Custom-Size-B...
Settlement Locations
http://www.docsmagic.de/50-Docsmagicde-Premium-Custom-Size-B...
Gear cards
http://www.docsmagic.de/50-Docsmagicde-Premium-Mini-Square-B...

I bought the premium sleeves bundle for Gloomhaven and the quality and fit are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mayhew
United States
Florence
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
EXCELSIOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to say it, but I'm not seeing anything here that would give me full confidence that the bigger card sleeves are going to work. (the gear cards and the monster AI cards were easy to sleeve and they are more standard sizes, and there are plenty of sleeve options for them. It's the settlement cards I'm still trying to find solutions for.)

I assume the 'Morholts' are meant to sleeve the Settlement Events. The height dimension on the Morholts is listed at 146mm - this is exactly the same dimension for the other set of ultra pro postcard sleeves that I initially tried to use and unfortunately the 1.5 Settlement Event Cards are taller than this and the top of the card sticks out of the sleeve. Probably only by maybe 1/12 of 1/16 of an inch, but enough to look silly and be very annoying.

I realize that there are going to be micro-variations between brands and this may not be an issue, but given that it's the exact same dimensions, It gives me pause when it comes to backing the kickstarter. I actually tried a BCW brand 146mm sleeve after the ultra pro didn't work and had the exact same sizing issue. It may be the matter of just a mm or two, but its enough to make sleeving these cards a real pain.

I'm not even sure if the settlement event cards in 1.5 are intentionally a different size than the 1st edition of KDM: this may just be a minor sizing discrepancy/mistake that happened during the manufacturing process.

I hate to be a skeptic about these sleeves working, but I'd be cautious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Wilson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have a crazy thought. Is it isn't too just laminate the bigger cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squirtis wrote:
[q="JesseMayhew"]This is from update #1 on the KS. For sleeving only core 1.5:

13 packs of Gawain: 57mm x 89mm, 696 cards.
7 packs of Palamedes: 51mm x 51mm, 368 cards.
1 pack of Morholt: 89mm x 146mm, under 55 cards.
1 pack of Mordred: 101.5mm x 203mm (4" x 8" ),under 55 cards.

And those sleeves are available in clear from both sides? It is important to me that I can still see the back of the cards.

And those sizes are proven to fit Kingdom Death Monster cards? The normal cards in KDM seem to be a tiny bit wider than 57 mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Pickrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
JesseMayhew wrote:
I hate to say it, but I'm not seeing anything here that would give me full confidence that the bigger card sleeves are going to work. (the gear cards and the monster AI cards were easy to sleeve and they are more standard sizes, and there are plenty of sleeve options for them. It's the settlement cards I'm still trying to find solutions for.)

I assume the 'Morholts' are meant to sleeve the Settlement Events. The height dimension on the Morholts is listed at 146mm - this is exactly the same dimension for the other set of ultra pro postcard sleeves that I initially tried to use and unfortunately the 1.5 Settlement Event Cards are taller than this and the top of the card sticks out of the sleeve. Probably only by maybe 1/12 of 1/16 of an inch, but enough to look silly and be very annoying.

I realize that there are going to be micro-variations between brands and this may not be an issue, but given that it's the exact same dimensions, It gives me pause when it comes to backing the kickstarter. I actually tried a BCW brand 146mm sleeve after the ultra pro didn't work and had the exact same sizing issue. It may be the matter of just a mm or two, but its enough to make sleeving these cards a real pain.

I'm not even sure if the settlement event cards in 1.5 are intentionally a different size than the 1st edition of KDM: this may just be a minor sizing discrepancy/mistake that happened during the manufacturing process.

Hm, i believe from season 1 of paladin's KS people ordered these last time and have said that they fit well, but i could be making up a memory of having read the reviews of these sleeves. maybe we can do a search and find something.

edit - someone has commented on the season 1 KS and says they fit perfectly so i'm thinking they should be good sleeves.

Star Slayer wrote:

And those sleeves are available in clear from both sides? It is important to me that I can still see the back of the cards.

And those sizes are proven to fit Kingdom Death Monster cards? The normal cards in KDM seem to be a tiny bit wider than 57 mm.

yes, i believe all cards have a clear on both sides option.

FatFailBurger wrote:

you could just laminate them, but they are in there forever. i guess that could just be fine for settlement location cards, but the settlement event cards needs sleeves imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The sizing discrepancies may be due to some companies listing the internal size, and others the external? The Mordred and Morholt are specifically made for the KDM cards, so they should fit great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... uh... I just backed a certain kickstarter for almost 3000 card sleeves total. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Wilson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
squirtis wrote:
JesseMayhew wrote:

Hm, i believe from season 1 of paladin's KS people ordered these last time and have said that they fit well, but i could be making up a memory of having read the reviews of these sleeves. maybe we can do a search and find something.

edit - someone has commented on the season 1 KS and says they fit perfectly so i'm thinking they should be good sleeves.

Star Slayer wrote:

yes, i believe all cards have a clear on both sides option.

FatFailBurger wrote:

you could just laminate them, but they are in there forever. i guess that could just be fine for settlement location cards, but the settlement event cards needs sleeves imo.

Not to be confrontational, but why do the settlement event cards need sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing needs sleeves, but the settlement event card sleeves from Paladin are very nice and really improve the ease of shuffling imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mayhew
United States
Florence
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
EXCELSIOR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I'm OCD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.