Hide
4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Screaming Antelope - masticated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Porter
msg tools
Star survivor, Aladdin, with butcher's cleaver has just been masticated and rolled a 1, and I've just come out of shock and got my practical head back on.

what happened to Aladdin's gear? Beside the cleaver which is archived (grumble), can I recover any of it at the end of the showdown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... gear is funky. Unless it or something that interacts with it has a special rule about spending or losing it, or (usually) if you're getting rid of gear on your grid because you're gaining other gear, you always get it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Porter
msg tools
thanks - that's just saved a whole set of raw hide armour!
I assume that my survivor dissolved a bit faster than gear and we were able to recover it while carving the SA for post fight resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, since the "irreplaceable" rule is what prevents it, and since the settlement is clearly made out of something more than enough gear to arm a half-dozen guys sheltered by some rocks eating nothing, I always went with the approach that resources/gear are abstracted somewhat, and that guy might be dead, but the settlement generally can patch up/rebuild gear as they go (and the investment is the proportion of useful stuff generally used in construction and maintenance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.