Subject: Tank Chess match: Marcos Hidalgo vs Dragan Lazovic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is a match of Tank Chess on the "16x16" board - Basic setup.

The game rules: https://www.gamesforsage.com/tc2-rulebook

Annotation system: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732812836/tank-chess/p...

If a legal move is made, it can't be withdrawn.

Others can comment but please don't post pictures.

Initial position:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm completely new to this game, I went thru the rules and that was instant love with the simple yet complex developement of the game (just like chess but with much more caliber)

So this is actually my very first move in this game. I'm starting quite cautious trying to close my left flank (diagonals) and positioning one medium tank with covering terrain but capable of quickly popping out to spread democracy on the center of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

This is the first officially annotated move:

1. H3>F5/NW , N14>O12/SE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

2. M3>N6/NE , I14>L11/SE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

3. M1>M4/N , N16>P14/SE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

4. J3>M6/N , P14>P12/S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I must admit... it is scary to see a heavy slowly crawling thru your flank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

5. M4>K6/NW , L11>P7/SE

Hmmm, I was expecting that you'll play something else... Never mind, I'll just play a bit more offensive move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ahg! the easter front turned into a crude dogfight, every single move seems to finish with at least one light tank sent to heaven and som forced movements with other tanks just to avoid further damage.
Time to try a more aggresive tactic too blush
I moved first but got the feeling I gave you the initiative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone thru the movements to find out why I ended so quickly in this FUBAR, as soon as Dragan moved his heavy to the eastern flank (N16>P14/SE) I made a big mistake moving my light (J3>M6/N) to open the way for the Medium "guardian"... At that very moment I gave the edge to Dragan and his evil forces At that very moment my best bet would be to move the medium into direct confrontation (I think) just like in my last turn (F5>B9/NW).

Following turn I had another opportunity but I again made a big mistake taking my heavy out of a high response position into a less prospective position... making his medium tank to be an even bigger threat and completing the initiative swap, making Dragan the agressor and having my forces wondering which tank will be the first KIA

For the record, as this is my first game, I'm facing the truth about the name of the game itself "CHESS", you really have to squeeze your brains to figure out position, counter positions, movements and future countermovements. The game have almost started but we fixed the base of a quick death scalation. This morning I spent good 10 minutes revisiting the game and facepalming my early mistakes... I feel like giving up on a bishop after a silly opening move laugh

Only 5 turns into it and all I can say is YOU MUST TRY THIS GAME! Kickstarter Campaign here -->
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

6. F5>B9/NW , D14>B10/SW

Don't be discouraged if you make a "bad" move (it is debatable if a move is bad or not, or it is a trap for the opponent). The game can easily overturn if a stronger player makes a mistake. This is just the beginning of game, and it's still not clear who is in the better position.

Don't forget that the weaker player always has the chance of winning by escaping with the command tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Look guys, just notice that my really crappy moves are intended to show one different mechanic of the game every turn, last turn we found that all guns on these units has a minimun range of 2, so you cant kill being adjacent to your target. The other rule is that you can go backwards but only one exact square...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

7. K6>L5/NW , P7>P6/SW (N6)

I see how you have protected your Heavy Tank from being attacked by my Medium Tank. This is the first shooting (destroyed the Light Tank on N6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't be fooled by the simplicity and elegant lines of the game pieces, inside that Light Tank was a crew, commanded by the brave Catherine Edelmann, who has left two beautiful kids behind, and who was brave enough to double her work as tank commander with the time demanding duties of two little kids education. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

8. L5/E , D16>D13/S (L5)

Your Heavy Tank was safe while it was turned toward North-West. Now when you revealed your side armour, my Heavy Tank can destroy it.

By moving Light Tank on the 6th turn (D14>B10/SW), I have opened the way for the Heavy Tank and made it active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember kids, weapon range is 2+, that little "plus" means you can be destroyed from the other side of the board. Keep that in mind always.

I'm so dummy I didn't noticed the pretty straight forward response to my movement (straight forward... literally! )

Now trying to think my next move a bit more... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't tell Dragan, but I think my situation after a chain of mistakes (being the last one over the top! ) is hardly floatable... I'm focusing on closing the gaps in my defense really worried about not seeing additional flaws in my comprehension of the situation...
I must think that this is learning even if my learning process means death to my minions... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

9. C1>A3/NW , P6>N4/NW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

10. M6>M5/N , O12>P8/S

Good move! By moving your Light Tank close to it, my Medium Tank can't reverse and shoot because there is an obstacle behind it. Also, your LT now blocks my MT and prevents it from coming out and shooting at your MT at square F1.

As a response to that, I'm activating my Light Tank, which uses your destroyed LT as cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Lets see if the royal guard can do something on this situation... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

Technical error: LT on K14 is missing, while LT on O12 shouldn't exist. You should change the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.