First Blood: The 1st and 2nd Battles of Manassas» Forums » General

Subject: Twin Peaks Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Johannsen

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got my first taste of GBACW with a playing of GMT's Twin Peaks. Right now I am loathe to learn too many more rule sets than I have to (I'm still trying to become a competent ASL player), I am wondering how people think that this game would play with the current (i.e., from Twin Peaks) GBACW rules. Would this be workable? I apologize for the novice question, but hope that someone might hazard an answer.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2014 Series Rules released with Twin Peaks should work with the earlier games in the series (meaning the GMT GBACW version 4 series).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Johannsen

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aransas wrote:
The 2014 Series Rules released with Twin Peaks should work with the earlier games in the series.

Thank you sir. I knew(?) that there were various iterations of the series rules, and just wanted to ensure that there were no fundamental changes that would make it difficult to apply a later rule set.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please allow me to revise and extend my remarks. The 2014 rules will work with Red Badge of Courage, which is the GMT remake of First Blood. First Blood uses the TCT system, or GBACW version 2. The two rules systems are very different. I would use the rules as written for First Blood. If you want to use the Twin Peaks rules, then look for the GMT remake. The Twin Peaks rules will work with Red Badge of Courage, or any of the GBACW games since 1999.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Johannsen

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aransas wrote:
Please allow me to revise and extend my remarks.

Thank you for the additional information. For the time being, I'll confine myself to the latest releases (i.e., GMT) in the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.