Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kate Smathers
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Diplomat Card Reads: "...You may pay to exchange your district for another player's."

The Lighthouse Card Reads: "When you place the Lighthouse in your city, you may look through the District Deck, choose one card and add it to your hand. Shuffle the deck afterwards"

Question: When the Diplomat exchanges one of their districts for the lighthouse, does this count as placing the card in their city? And can the Diplomat then use the Lighthouse's ability?

Thoughts in favor of using the ability - If the Diplomat weren't able to use this card's ability, the card would have been worded as "When you [build] the Lighthouse in your city..." which would explicitly make it one time use by the original builder.

Thoughts against using the ability - Once the lighthouse is in play this makes the Diplomat far too powerful.

I've seen several forum posts on this, but they're quite old and none seem to come to a conclusion, so I am opening it back up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the new edition avoided the problem by removing the lighthouse!

I'm not sure what the intention is but is probably play that only the original builder gets to use the ability to avoid slowing the game down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.