Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the first scenario, and has a lot of fun with this game.

One rule I couldn't clarify is regarding the Fight Action and Attacks of Opportunity.

Here is the scenario.

Player 1 has a ghoul engaged with them, and at the same location, Player 2 has Rats engaged with them.

If Player 2 Fights the ghoul who is engaged with Player 1, then do they satisfy the requirement to Fight or Evade, even though they are not fighting or evading the Rats engaged with them?

All I could find was that you have to Fight or Evade, or the enemy engaged with you gets an attack of opportunity, but it never defines the target of the Fight action. The theme might suggest you should be fighting or evading the enemy engaged with you, however, the rules do not specifically state this to be true. Seems as though as long as you select Fight or Evade, you avoid attacks of opportunity (unless I am missing something that says you cannot target an enemy not engaged with you if you currently have an enemy engaged with you).

Any clarification would prove helpful.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that matters is the type of action. It's a Fight, so no Attack of Opportunity.

I agree it doesn't make thematic sense. But it's not as bad as the ghouls taking a time out while you try to convince Lita to help you fight them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be much much more difficult of a game though if you had to take AoO every time you didn't fight that specific monster.

I just thematically excuse it by justifying that you are still focused on the FIGHT and therefore are watching your other opponents and they are waiting for an opening.

And as far as Parley goes, I mean, I guess you could have a conversation while fighting. Imo, that kind of makes me assume that anyone parleying while engaged is a bit of a BA as they appear to be cool enough to engage in a conversation while taking care of the situation.

But then again, that conversation could be "LITA! Get off your butt and HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
All that matters is the type of action. It's a Fight, so no Attack of Opportunity.

I agree it doesn't make thematic sense. But it's not as bad as the ghouls taking a time out while you try to convince Lita to help you fight them.

I have been playing this wrong the whole time. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:

Excellent, thanks for the response and clarification. That rule does make sense then, and we played it correctly.

My wife and I played with net decks for Daisy and Jenny, and it was pretty easy, till that last dude, but we dispatched him, and selected one of the win conditions.

What a great game, and we cant wait to play again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
It would be much much more difficult of a game though if you had to take AoO every time you didn't fight that specific monster.

My friend's Zoey definitely couldn't have taken out three Yithians two Yithians and a Conglomeration in one turn this weekend if that was the case. So sad that she went insane soon after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:

Personally, I see it as your character focusing on fighting things, meaning even if they're not directly attacking something nearby, they're at least trying to keep themselves out of harm's way. On the other hand, trying to search the room for clues is definitely not paying attention to the monster, so yeah, you get smacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.