Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that I was pretty sure of after reading the rules until I saw a playthrough.

Now I'm still fairly sure, but want to confirm.

In this game, when you play your cards and get resources (skill, boots, etc), is this is like most deck-building games in that you are getting a pool of these resources that you can then use however you want and whenever you want?

And in between using them, you can do actions such as hacking a dataport, buying from the market, or stealing an artifact?

I guess the basics of the question is that say you have two boots. Can you spend a boot to move into a room, hack the dataport (or buy from the market if it's a market space or steal the artifact if it's an artifact space) and then use your second boot to move out of the room?

I was sure that the answer was yes, the game works like that.

But a playthrough that I saw seemed to indicate that hacking/buying (not sure about the artifact as I hadn't reached that point of the playthrough) had to be your last action, and I can't see anything in the rules that says that.

The one sentence in the rules that is giving me pause after seeing that is "you can wait and take your actions after you've played all your cards or you can take actions between cards if you wish..."

That *could* be saying that if you play a card with two boots (for example), you have to use both boots before doing anything else.

Again, I'm fairly sure, but would like confirmation.

Sorry if that question sounds too convoluted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my interpretation of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that matters, is that you have to pick up secrets only when you enter the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you.

He actually corrected himself later in the playthrough, so I guess I should have kept watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.