Subject: PnP Assembly Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out about this game via the PnP News and it looks fantastic. I am always on the lookout for small games with not so small play times and strategy beyond 'filler' level. I am also a brewer and always on the lookout for beer themed games. This one was a no brainer.

I've grabbed the files and printed a quick and dirty copy of the rules to read during the holiday weekend and I will get around to assembling this as soon as our travels are done.

I did want to point out a minor issue I ran into. The page dimensions are slightly different from the front to the back page (the front page is maybe 1/4" smaller in height and width than the back page). Not a big problem obviously, I just had a bit of white space when cutting from the back or if you cut from the front you might take most of the bleed border away and bump right up to the text.

Just thought I would alert you to it, looking forward to playing.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Kennington
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Minor Issue with Instructions File
Hi Justin,

The size difference was deliberate. I was thinking folk could cut to the size of the front and that way there wouldn't be any white lines on the back even if their printer shifted the backs a bit when it flips the paper.

I know ours does tend to shift a couple of mm vertically and have had reports of other folk shifting left but I think it depends on the printer model. Unless there's a lot of shift (more than 3mm in a single direction) then cutting to the front wont damage the stuff on the back.

Sorry if this is not the done thing - it's our first try at a print-and-play.

Hope you have fun with it!

Nigel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Minor Issue with Instructions File
Thanks Nigel, that makes sense, my printer just happened to align one corner dead on so I had the all of the extra space on just two sides and it looked like if I trimmed from the front I would have gotten close to the edge of the text on the back. So I trimmed from the back and just left some white space instead.

As long as it was intentional! I just thought it might have been an oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nigel,

Hope I can bother you again (for the last time?), I've changed the title to show this is just my questions during assembly of the PnP.

First, do the card backs for the drinkers/bottles have any meaning? There are three different bottle labels and they sorta match to different categories of beer (light/medium/dark). Reading the instructions I don't see anything that suggests a meaning and I'm just wondering if knowing what drinker or bottle could be coming up next has any influence on the game.

Edit! Found an answer in the WIP thread

WIP Thread wrote:
The backs are to give what type of card is coming next but not the exact information.

Second, on the bottles there seem to be two matching bottles for 9 of the drinker cards however there is only one matching bottle for 3 of the drinkers and one bottle that doesn't match any drinker. Is that all correct?

For reference, the cards are

Czech Pilsner, Munich Dark Lager, and Oktoberfest Lager have only one matching bottle card.

Then there is a bottle with 1 Light, 2 Amber, and 1 Dark malt which has no corresponding drinker. Although now that I'm looking at it, Perfect seems to be struck through which I thought was just a print error but maybe was intentional as a Perfect match would not be possible.

Thanks for the help. I should be able to play it this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Kennington
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lithy wrote:
Second, on the bottles there seem to be two matching bottles for 9 of the drinker cards however there is only one matching bottle for 3 of the drinkers and one bottle that doesn't match any drinker. Is that all correct?

Yes. That is correct.

lithy wrote:
Then there is a bottle with 1 Light, 2 Amber, and 1 Dark malt which has no corresponding drinker. Although now that I'm looking at it, Perfect seems to be struck through which I thought was just a print error but maybe was intentional as a Perfect match would not be possible.

Yes. That is correct and you are right that it is impossible to get a Perfect with that beer. It has another purpose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I had an assembly question, it looks like the game has "2" player "board" with a "3 4" player "board" on the other side however the rules don't mention how to play it 3-4 player. Also, do you just print off a second copy of all the cards for 3-4 player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Kennington
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3-4 player rules are still in closed testing but I stuck the art on the back of the current version so people won't have to reprint if/when we release them.

The 3-4 player version will need 2 copies of the game too - there isn't enough room in the tin for all the components!

Right now, just ignore the 3-4 board - it's a 2 player only game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.