Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got HMB during the one-day sale and really enjoying it... Every once in awhile I come up with a question probably because I don't know baseball quite well enough. Is lead-off batter the first one of the inning or the lineup or both? What if the first batter of the lineup comes up later during the inning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in each inning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
Lead off batter is always the batter that leads off the inning. However, when they ask if the batter is in the clean up spot it is only the batter designated before the game to be in that spot in the lineup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea re-reading I saw something about designating either the 3rd or 4th batter as cleanup, which is not something I had been doing. I guess I didn't find the rules to be laid out all that well, wasn't very intuitive for me. Things are kind of scattered all over the place. Oh well I think I'm pretty much playing it right by now. My first game (1965 WS gm 1) went 23 innings though, but looking back I think I was forgetting to check to advance the runners. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.