CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
Alpha pedant
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's a pretty decent political test, it takes about 5 or so minutes to complete. Once you're done it takes you to a page that allows you to see where you fall in their political grid. You can do a basic grid like this:

I'm the red dot!

As a reference, here's some historical figures.

Here's the test:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

So if you want, take the test and afterwards share a screenshot of where you fall politically (according to a totally accurate Internet test).

As for where I fall, it seems a bit lefter than I think I am. No way am I lefter than Gandhi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
Can we turn this thread into a "political compass memes" thread instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

I thought a good many of the questions too simplistic or mislabeled though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The questions force one to agree or disagree but frankly on a good few I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

There’s lots I could quibble about, but that’s not super far off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
viclineal wrote:

I can't stand yet another another round of political compass silliness, so that's a yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Någonsson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hah that was my first thought seeing the title, so i went to look for a good one to post and got stuk reading this:

https://politicalcompassmemes.tumblr.com

So now when i got back the thread has already cotten plenty of answers.

And yeah im not gonna do that shitty test again but Im pretty close to skutch when i do it. But I still love pearl and shes not a tankie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Smith
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Smith
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
viclineal wrote:
viclineal wrote:

I can't stand yet another another round of political compass silliness, so that's a yes.

Man this is much more fun why didn't I see this before I decided to do the test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken this test twice in the past and I came out at or close to zero, zero both times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
So there's a pretty decent political test, it takes about 5 or so minutes to complete. Once you're done it takes you to a page that allows you to see where you fall in their political grid. You can do a basic grid like this:

I'm the red dot!

As a reference, here's some historical figures.

Here's the test:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

So if you want, take the test and afterwards share a screenshot of where you fall politically (according to a totally accurate Internet test).

As for where I fall, it seems a bit lefter than I think I am. No way am I lefter than Gandhi!

Some of our departed conservative posters have said in the past that the test is biased to push people towards the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
We've covered how that test is shittastic many times before It's hard to understate the bias in those questions. The test makers have no interest in making the test better: They want most of the results in the bottom left quadrant, and do their very best to prove it to you that you really agree with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Economic: -5.13
Social: -4.21

Close to Gandhi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
As usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Någonsson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Im one of the tarp-covered grooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
We've covered how that test is shittastic many times before It's hard to understate the bias in those questions. The test makers have no interest in making the test better: They want most of the results in the bottom left quadrant, and do their very best to prove it to you that you really agree with them.

That may be so. But also it seems very US focused too. Many of the questions asked aren't really live issues for many people in other countries. I also felt some of the questions were far too simplistic. For example there was one about market protectionism. I was far some protectionism - although I was thinking about a developing world nation needing protectionism for a period rather than the US (or UK or EU) needing protectionism.

BTW - Economic Left/Right: -8.0, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.44
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

I guess I'm a left leaning centrist, seems about right as I find myself too conservative for my liberal friends and far too liberal for the conservative ones.

Edit - also I see a lot of us are ending up in the lower left quadrant. Also Skutsch this is far more engaging than your usual polls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

I guess I'm a left leaning centrist, seems about right as I find myself too conservative for my liberal friends and far too liberal for the conservative ones.

Edit - also I see a lot of us are ending up in the lower left quadrant. Also Skutsch this is far more engaging than your usual polls.

Correcting for test bias you may be a right leaning centrist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
Alpha pedant
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

Or maybe we're all just a bunch of pinkos because you've chased the conservatives away?

I took the test again, this time channeling my Birmingham Alabama father-in-law. Obviously I was just guessing but I've talked to him a lot so I have a decent sense of where he stands. (Although I probably made him more liberal than he really is.) This is what I got:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Economic Left/Right: 0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

Surprised me a little. I figured I'd be a little more right and more libertarian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I take it the results say, "Man, you should be in charge!"

But nobody else accepts that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
hibikir wrote:

Or maybe we're all just a bunch of pinkos because you've chased the conservatives away?

Nope. Go back in time and look at the threads when this was full of conservatives. The bias is evident, the test is garbage, it's well documented. There are pages of text written on the internet questioning the compass's credibilty. Spend 10 seconds on google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
hibikir wrote:

I took the test again, this time channeling my Birmingham Alabama father-in-law. Obviously I was just guessing but I've talked to him a lot so I have a decent sense of where he stands. (Although I probably made him more liberal than he really is.) This is what I got:

Posting neo nazi screeds, posting rape jokes, self immolating, requesting to be banned, and so on is not "being driven away".

If you really dig into those bans, there are only 2-3 which are edge cases and 1 which was ignorance of the rules. The rest were begging to be banned. And not just conservatives- people of every permutation of the political spectrum (all 11d3 of them) have been banned when they finally lost their shit (I warned at least two of them by private message days before they were banned and they were like "Fuck itttttttt!"

As hibikr said, RSP conservatives AND liberals have been calling that test biased to bottom-left ward for a long time ( I think over 8 years ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.