Hide
9 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advance doom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linus Hesslo
msg tools
I don’t know if this has been covered in another thread. But this came up in the game we played tonight. So Atlach-Nacha got this abalities when it wakes up:

”Each time Doom would advance, spawn 1 Gate instead; then place 1 Eldritch token on a space containing a Gate that does not contain an Eldritch token. Then, if there are 5 or more Eldritch tokens on the game board, investigators lose the game.”

And in the core rule book it says this conserning the doom track:

”The omen track’s purpose is to advance Doom. When the Omen token advances, investigators advance Doom by 1 for each Gate on the game board that matches the current Omen symbol.”

So when this happened three gates had the omen symbol. Does Armagh-Nacha spawn three gates or just one? My way of interpreting the rules the Doom track advances one time and three steps, not one step three times. But one I played with claimed the other way around. But should’t the rules the say ”advance doom once per Gate that matches the Current symbol”?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Father Lombardi
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
The key words there are "Each time doom would advance"
If doom would advance by 3, then you spawn 3 gates instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Hesslo
msg tools
Yes. But as I see it Doom advances one time by three steps, not one step three times. Since Atlach-Nacha spawns a gate every TIME doom advances, not by how much Doom advances.

Maybe I’m ready to much into it :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fruktsaften wrote:
Yes. But as I see it Doom advances one time by three steps, not one step three times. Since Atlach-Nacha spawns a gate every TIME doom advances, not by how much Doom advances.
Both interpretations are legitimate. That's why this question has been already asked a few times. It has been officially clarified that the "one step three times" interpretation is the correct one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fruktsaften wrote:
Armagh-Nacha
This sounds like a nice name for Atlach-Nacha's relative. Now we just need to come up with some lore and abilities for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not at all clear in the rules but has been clarified by FFG. In effect, doom always advances in multiple steps of 1. Surprised this hasn't been added to the official FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
fruktsaften wrote:
Armagh-Nacha
This sounds like a nice name for Atlach-Nacha's relative. Now we just need to come up with some lore and abilities for it.

The Hunter in the Dark

Setup: set aside 8 Cultist Monsters

Cultist: lore +0, 1 sanity damage
Strength -1, 0 health damage
Toughness 1
Ability: If an investigator fails the [strength] test, that investigator becomes Delayed.

• Investigators may not choose to take a Rest action. When an investigator performs a Travel action, if there are no monsters on the space he moves to, he performs a Rest action.

• On a monster surge, spawn 1 Cultist Monster on the space nearest the lead investigator that does not have a Monster on it.

• Reckoning: each Delayed investigator gains a Lost in Time and Space condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
haroth9842 wrote:
fruktsaften wrote:
Both interpretations are legitimate. That's why this question has been already asked a few times. It has been officially clarified that the "one step three times" interpretation is the correct one.

So what does that mean regarding OPs example. Would you spawn 3 gates or only 1? I still don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One step three times = Spawn three Gates (one for every time Doom Advances).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.