Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: Playing On Virtual Whiteboard (looking for players) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qwerty Guy
msg tools
Years ago me and my friends would play a board game we developed on the old geocities web builder. Since then I wanted to do something like that with people online, but never went through it. Recently I was watching a video of "Con Monopoly" by Steve from History Gamer on YouTube. It influenced me to build a little game and try it out. Players will message me moves and then I will make videos for each round while viewing a virtual whiteboard online. If anyone wants to give it a try inbox me and I'll put you on the map.

Here is a video with artificial players to show how the game is played (keep in mind the "AI" players are just making random moves, humans will take their place and decide their own moves):

Below are the commands human players can make. President and Governor commands can only be used if you are president of a company or governor.

Personal Commands (governors and presidents can also use)
move (specify direction: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest)
work
prospect
change deposit price
attack (specify player, must be adjacent)
sell share (specify firm letter) not taxed
buy share (specify firm letter) not taxed
vote (specify player)
send cash (specify player, this will be taxed)
offer share at double price (specify firm letter or all firms)
cancel offer at double price (specify firm letter or all firms)

President Commands (always specify firm letter if you are president of more than one firm)
purchase building
sell building
raise wages
lower wages
purchase deposit (specify coordinate)
pay dividends (specify amount per share)

Governor Commands
lower firm tax
raise firm tax
lower player tax
raise firm tax
raise share (specify share letter)
lower share (specify share letter)
purchase drone (specify starting coordinate)
move drone (specify coordinate and direction)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.