Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "... pay 1 Ducato to buy back each used object ..."

Probably that should be " ... pay 1 Ducato each to buy back ...", meaning you have to pay 1 Ducato for each object you're buying back, right?
Or is it really that cheap, pay 1 D only for all your used objects?

How do you mark which objects you have used this round? According to the rules you put a used object back to it's stack, so ... e. g., isn't it better to keep it separate, and tapped, next to your player board? Then, at the end of the round, you can decide to buy it back or discard it.
Or you could place it on your workshop, probably even better. Then decide ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ferdinand,

about your questions:

Probably that should be " ... pay 1 Ducato each to buy back ...", meaning you have to pay 1 Ducato for each object you're buying back, right?

Indeed you have to pay 1 Ducato per each used objects. So, if you used two objects then you have to pay 2 Ducato if you want to buy back both objects.

How do you mark which objects you have used this round? According to the rules you put a used object back to it's stack

When you use an object you discard it immediately. At the end of the round you can decide if buy back it or not.

You can buy back only used objects you can built with the corresponding workshop you own.

We discourage keeping the used items near the player's deck or workshop because it can be confusing and you can exchange the used items with the other tiles you have thus forgetting to pay for the objects.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceballoongames wrote:
Hello Ferdinand,

about your questions:

Indeed you have to pay 1 Ducato per each used objects. So, if you used two objects then you have to pay 2 Ducato if you want to buy back both objects.

How do you mark which objects you have used this round? According to the rules you put a used object back to it's stack

When you use an object you discard it immediately. At the end of the round you can decide if buy back it or not.

You can buy back only used objects you can built with the corresponding workshop you own.

We discourage keeping the used items near the player's deck or workshop because it can be confusing and you can exchange the used items with the other tiles you have thus forgetting to pay for the objects.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Hi Pedro, or Pietro ,
thanks for the clarification, and glad I was right about 1 Ducato per used object bought back.

However, discarding used objects onto the appropriate stack immediately may cause some confusion and can be hard to remember, I could imagine.
So we will try to keep it separate, and then decide at the end of the round if to discard it or buy it back.
Or ... can you buy it back anytime, maybe? Like you use an object, and discard it, but don't wanna buy it back now, at the end of this round.
Can you buy it back at the end of the next round, for example? You own that workshop, but don't have that object, so you may be entitled to buy it. In that case, it makes sense to discard it immediately after use, of course. Hope you see what I mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ferdinand,

You got it right with the second sentence:

can you buy it back anytime, maybe? Like you use an object, and discard it, but don't wanna buy it back now, at the end of this round.
Can you buy it back at the end of the next round, for example? You own that workshop, but don't have that object, so you may be entitled to buy it. In that case, it makes sense to discard it immediately after use, of course

You can buy back the object whenever you want IF you want. It is up to you to pay for it in step 5 of the "end of the turn round" phase. After all you are the owner of the workshop and you can decide when to produce your goods.....

Let me know if everything is clear,

Pedro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceballoongames wrote:
Hello Ferdinand,

You got it right with the second sentence:

can you buy it back anytime, maybe? Like you use an object, and discard it, but don't wanna buy it back now, at the end of this round.
Can you buy it back at the end of the next round, for example? You own that workshop, but don't have that object, so you may be entitled to buy it. In that case, it makes sense to discard it immediately after use, of course

You can buy back the object whenever you want IF you want. It is up to you to pay for it in step 5 of the "end of the turn round" phase. After all you are the owner of the workshop and you can decide when to produce your goods.....

Let me know if everything is clear,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,
thanks for your confirmation, yes, this is absolutely clear now. This way it makes sense, of course, to discard a used object immediately.

Cheers,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Talbot
Austria
Rust
flag msg tools
mb
spaceballoongames wrote:
Hello Ferdinand,

You can buy back the object whenever you want IF you want.

Excuse me, but does this "whenever" means, that you can buy back the used object MORE, THAN ONE time per round?

I.e. to use it, immediately buy back, and use again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.