8 Posts

DOOM: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do demons defend objective tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
herbert west
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played "all you can eat" 3 players. The demon with the last objective token was killed and the token was dropped in a space. The invader player surrounded the token with demons but we "the marines" just danced through and entered the token's space ending the game. What ways can the invader defend the token once dropped?

I can anticipate answers to this will be to protect the demon that has the last token but I have found that if fire's concentrated on the last demon they are not speedy enough to get far enough away to safety (especially with the marines using teleporters and the demons not being able to open unopened doors).

I have found similar issues with another mission I have payed (spring cleaning I think) where the marine just rushed in with a couple of frags to burn and got to the last point unhindered.

My point is, that whilst I love this game I feel that if the demons could block the token or defend it in some way this would avoid, what I have found, to be anti-climatic finishes where I just run in, ignore all demons and insta-win.

I have thought about giving pinky's the tokens where possible and stock up on their Argent power to save hit points but I'm not convinced if that's better than giving it to a mancubus who is just tougher?

Please let me know if I?'m missing a rule which sorts this, or if I'm missing a trick here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
best I think you can do is to put a demon on top of the token to make it cost 2 extra movement for a marine to get on the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I was going to say the same thing; pretty much all you can do here is body-block with your remaining demons to make the marines spend additional movement points to try to get to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chapman
msg tools
I thought there was a rule that you cannot pick up an objective as long as a demon is on/adjacent to it? Maybe that was for something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdone wrote:

I can anticipate answers to this will be to protect the demon that has the last token but I have found that if fire's concentrated on the last demon they are not speedy enough to get far enough away to safety (especially with the marines using teleporters and the demons not being able to open unopened doors).

Demons can open doors. Only in the tutorial they can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
mcdone wrote:

FWIW, in the Infestation scenarios Demons cannot open doors until the final wave of Demons have been summoned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidryanandersson wrote:
LarkinVB wrote:
mcdone wrote:

FWIW, in the Infestation scenarios Demons cannot open doors until the final wave of Demons have been summoned.

Ok, thanks. Just read the rules but not all cards. A bit sad that the game has some problems which could easily be fixed with an official errata but FFG abandoned it. I once liked the company but think it is heading in the wrong direction. Not providing enough dice for every situation without rerolls is also a cheap move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom K
msg tools
Personally, when I play with friends, we agreed to change it up to make it like asset extraction where instead of just tapping the token, you have to extract it however with a home brew twist: You can only return the tokens by extracting them ALL at once (sorta like the demon having the objective token) with a +2 health buff to the holder(s). If a marine holding the token dies, it can be retrieved by another marine. If a marine is holding multiple tokens, the health buff does NOT stack.

Example: operation 1; You’ve killed the demons with the first objective token, now a marine can pick up said token (decided by the players). They retrieve the second token, and now another marine can pick up said token Or the same marine can if there’s not enough players. Third token is retrieved, and the marines win the game. Bravo McDonald’s for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.