Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that Jeff said this year that Cuba would be a port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't started contracting 2019 yet. Cuba is certainly a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,

What is the approximate timeframe for 2019? I would love to go on a cruise with board gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kohlman
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool to have it the summer months; specifically July and August. I know with a lot of school calendars school isn't in session in June but there are many (including ours) where we are still in school in June. It would be nice to be able to go and go with the whole family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are targeting the summer months going forward - late June and through July, fitting it in between Origins and GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, going on a cruise during the summer months doesn't seem as enticing as it is already hot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
On the other hand, going on a cruise during the summer months doesn't seem as enticing as it is already hot.

You are going be gaming in the ac. It is wonderful. No driving, no finding food, no find activities. All done for you. Step of the ship and relax. After mustard drill gaming starts. 2017 quote "FIREBALL".

I have done all the cruises. On shore has not been bad at all.
If we do excursions in 2019 as a group. You will be too busy having fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kohlman
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:

My wife and I are teachers and our children are in school. We have to travel when we have breaks and that's just the way it is. I don't ever expect people to work around us, but if they are looking for reasons to book at one time instead of another, working around school holidays could be one consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
kohlhatter wrote:
Luds wrote:

My wife and I are teachers and our children are in school. We have to travel when we have breaks and that's just the way it is. I don't ever expect people to work around us, but if they are looking for reasons to book at one time instead of another, working around school holidays could be one consideration.

Evidently in your situation this works out perfectly. The issue I was raising is that for so many peope, a nice southern vacation breaks up winter nicely. A summer cruise is very expensive gaming as there is not as much of a climate upgrade.

That being said, Steph and I are likely to return in '19, hoping to visit BGG CON next year for the first time too, we've enjoyed the cruises in '15 and '17 even if Aldie snubbed us in the last one But Jeff made-up for him and cost me some pennies as I'm still waiting to get my Leaving Earth: Stations expansion! arrrh How's that Mage Knight Board Game trating you Jeff? Tried any General Volkare scenarios yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chris and not expecting others to work around us. I would also prefer the cruise to fit into school holidays. Not sure how many other people are like us though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
... I'm still waiting to get my Leaving Earth: Stations expansion! arrrh How's that Mage Knight Board Game trating you Jeff? Tried any General Volkare scenarios yet?

You'll love Stations - I can't see playing without it now - Feature exploration is awesome!

Haven't been brave enough to take on Volkare yet, but still loving the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
You'll love Stations - I can't see playing without it now - Feature exploration is awesome!

With apologies if I'm derailing the thread a little, but I hope that Jeff will be bringing Stations with him to Alaska and will at least demo the expansion for those of us who are waiting (patiently) for our copies to arrive.

We're already saving our pennies for 2019!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seem to be two per year. My non non-gamer spouse and friends are interested in Alaska. What is the likelihood of Alaska in 2019? Are the same cruise lines or ships booked for each BGG@SEA, when using the same itinerary/destinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MSGreg wrote:
There seem to be two per year. My non non-gamer spouse and friends are interested in Alaska. What is the likelihood of Alaska in 2019? Are the same cruise lines or ships booked for each BGG@SEA, when using the same itinerary/destinations.

There is only one BGG@SEA each calendar year, it's just that BGG@SEA 2018 to Alaska has two sailings back-to-back on the same ship.

A repeat to Alaska again in 2019 is extremely unlikely as we like to vary the departure and excursions ports. I'm sure we will do an Alaskan cruise again in the future, but it will probably be a few years down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Bye
msg tools
Definitely looking forward to the potential destination. Hopefully we love 2018 so we're all set for 2019.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a guess

Symphony of the Seas
Miami, Florida
Cruising
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Labadee, Haiti
Cruising
Miami, Florida

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woogies wrote:
I have a guess

Symphony of the Seas
Miami, Florida
Cruising
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Labadee, Haiti
Cruising
Miami, Florida

Here's a wild guess. How about a post-Essen transatlantic cruise? Jeff would be nuts to do it just a couple of weeks before the first BGG.con in a new hotel. However, there are several Royal Caribbean cruises listed within a week or two of the fair (Oct. 24-27 as best I can tell).

Nov 3, 15 day from Barcelona to Tampa
Nov 5, 14 day from Southampton to Miami
Nov 9, 14 day from Barcelona to Tampa

and one still in the fair:

Oct 26, 14 day from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale

Talk about getting first crack at the Essen games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
woogies wrote:
I have a guess

Symphony of the Seas
Miami, Florida
Cruising
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Labadee, Haiti
Cruising
Miami, Florida

Here's a wild guess. How about a post-Essen transatlantic cruise? Jeff would be nuts to do it just a couple of weeks before the first BGG.con in a new hotel. However, there are several Royal Caribbean cruises listed within a week or two of the fair (Oct. 24-27 as best I can tell).

Nov 3, 15 day from Barcelona to Tampa
Nov 5, 14 day from Southampton to Miami
Nov 9, 14 day from Barcelona to Tampa

and one still in the fair:

Oct 26, 14 day from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale

Talk about getting first crack at the Essen games!

There’s a lot of prep work to be done for the con so I can’t see Jeff being gone for so long.

However, if they switch to Cunard, there’s a 7-day from Southampton to New York on the QM2 on Nov. 3. No distractions, just 7 days at sea playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine McCulloch
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Symphony of the Seas is coming out this year. Newest biggest ship on the planet. elbow elbow Jeff on the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:

Cooler climates are more attractive. I think Alaska will quickly be a game-cruisers fav.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Have you ever considered one of the river cruises available? Just thought it would add some variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futiles wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Have you ever considered one of the river cruises available? Just thought it would add some variety.

I wonder if the river cruises have any capacity for convention space. I've looked into some of these in Europe and the boats don't appear to be very large at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We would probably be the whole boat. I don't think they are that large either.

But if we had he whole boat I imagine they could accommodate space for us to play.

Funny enough I had been looking at an Alaskan cruise and didn't pull the trigger until the BGG cruise.

I could see myself doing the same with the River Cruise.

Pretty sure I would be in. Passengers seem to average 100-150 folks on the whole boat from my quick search.....

It would be pretty awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correction the average longboat from viking has 95 staterooms. The lounge area could possible be converted for gaming....

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/ships/longships/viking-he...

Pretty sure we could make it work....

Now my wheels are spinning.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diometes wrote:
Correction the average longboat from viking has 95 staterooms. The lounge area could possible be converted for gaming....

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/ships/longships/viking-he...

Pretty sure we could make it work....

Now my wheels are spinning.....

https://www.americancruiselines.com/small-riverboat-cruise-s...

American Cruise Lines has similar ship layouts, some have large lounges.

https://www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/

American Queen Steamboat Company looks to have larger ships, and each looks like a sweet paddle wheel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.