Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording for Arkan's abilities (which may be different now I know) reads :
"Once per turn you may spend X Power Tokens to increase your Fighting Spirit by X⋅3."

What I am wondering is-
A. Is Terroch Arkan immune to Panic, since he does not "gain" FS?
B. If not, is each power token a discrete transaction, or is panic deducted from the total FS gained?

I'm actually hoping Arkan is immune to Panic! I think that would be really neat thematically

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esarge wrote:
Is Terroch Arkan immune to Panic... I think that would be really neat thematically :)

This was what I immediately thought when I understood your question. It makes thematic sense that continuous exposure to a giga-core (along with zoider psychology) might have left Arkan incapable of fear or panic.

But on the other hand, any ability that "turns off" a certain mechanic can be really frustrating. Imagine running Chogoking and playing against some new robot that is immune to fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkan does take the effects from Panic--the "increase" wording was changed to Gain to be in line with the rest of the game.

Each use of his ability is a discrete transaction, so it'll effect each individual Gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the wording might have been changed. It's cool to see a choke strategy could work against him, but at the same time, he can just bank power tokens til the panic wears off, then launch a huge assault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.