Subject: 2ND STORY AVAILABLE! [Amazon] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Point-Fire-Rescue-Story/dp/B009...

Never thought I'd see the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can thank the backers from the last KS campaign for them being reprinted. A lot of people pushed to have them done. Glad to see they've hit the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure they've been reprinted, and these aren't just the copies left over from the last kickstarter that's shipping now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end we're saying the same thing. Let's say the KS generated orders for 200 units of the expansion. Why wouldn't they take advantage of this and increase the production run to 300 or more?

Regardless how or why there are extras available to be sold on Amazon, it is largely due to the reprint generated by the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johns
England
North Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bah! Not available on Amazon.co.uk :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
mb
How long has it been unavailable? I just got it off of Amazon at the end of July...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, the last it was available was with the Tragic Events kickstarter back in August, which I missed. I have been looking to get a hold of 2nd Story ever since.

Here is what Travis of Indie Boards & Cards (the game's publisher) had to say about a month ago:

Flash Point: Tragic Events is a special release, it is not likely to go into distribution. This kickstarter project and limited number of games at Essen & BGG CON (if we make it in time) will be the only way to get the expansion in 2017. In 2018, we will be selling this expansion directly via conventions and Amazon only - it will not be entering normal distribution channels. If there are any copies left, we may be selling those into distribution in 2019 or later - but there is no guarantee that we will do so.

So Tragic Events will be available from us directly in 2018. In 2019 we will sell any remaining copies via traditional retail channels.

I strongly suspect that we will use this same model for any future Flash Point expansions as well. If you are interested, please sign up to receive our newsletters via our website

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1886068/print-and-play

I'm making the assumption that the expansions being sold on Amazon now (by IBC) are the copies they've got left after fulfilling the kickstarter.

This is only a guess.

However, according to Amazon, there are now 7 copies left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorani Gorani
Germany
flag msg tools
I ordered an issue of "2nd Story" from Amazon Germany a few days back (from an affiliate seller) and there still seem to be copies for sale at the moment I am posting this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.