Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been able to keep my mine tiles separated in their boxes, but figuring out which box to go to is a pain and I have a hard time deciphering the pics in the corner. Although I do not sleeve, I was thinking about sleeving the cards and then using a small hole punch to punch stickers to put on the sleeves, so the blue-sleeved cards would be from City of Ancients, yellow from Cynder, etc. Then I would know what box to go to. Anyone try this? My only hold back would be whether the cards would stack properly, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Someone else had a different solution to this issue - I think it was ScottE but I'm damned if I can find the thread that discussed sorting tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximillian_Caine wrote:
Someone else had a different solution to this issue - I think it was ScottE but I'm damned if I can find the thread that discussed sorting tiles.

Are you thinking if this thread? A way to speed up searching for tiles....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this might terrify most people but I numbered my tiles and the corresponding tiles.

I used a paint marker to write on each tile and card. I started with targa at 101 to 110 (maybe it was 111). Each world gets its own first digit, so cynder was 301, etc. and the tiles are sorted by numbers, so all the 300s together. This makes it a lot easier to find the tiles. You just have to cross the mental barrier of writing On your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in a file folder case. Each folder numbered. I have an inventory list with all of the room tiles listed in alphabetical order for their particular world. The list states which numbered folder the tile is in. Takes me 10 seconds to get the right tile out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lonnie913 wrote:
So this might terrify most people but I numbered my tiles and the corresponding tiles.

I used a paint marker to write on each tile and card. I started with targa at 101 to 110 (maybe it was 111). Each world gets its own first digit, so cynder was 301, etc. and the tiles are sorted by numbers, so all the 300s together. This makes it a lot easier to find the tiles. You just have to cross the mental barrier of writing On your game.

This is a really good idea.

I have my map tiles in accordion folders, and I used colored sharpies to code the map decks. I filled in the minecart icons with different colors and did the same for the tabs in the folders. Still takes a minute to find the map tile, but it works. I might have to try the index numbering though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
lonnie913 wrote:

This is a really good idea.

I have my map tiles in accordion folders, and I used colored sharpies to code the map decks. I filled in the minecart icons with different colors and did the same for the tabs in the folders. Still takes a minute to find the map tile, but it works. I might have to try the index numbering though.

Similar solution: tiles in accordion folders in a file drawer, three or four per folder, labelled with the code span. Folders are color-coded by Otherworld. Mine/Otherworld cards and tiles bear matching PostIt labels (you can buy a whole ribbon of PostIt to cut up appropriately). For instance, A Mining Room is labelled "SJAM/TPAA" because the reverse is either Swamps of Jargono (SJ) A Murky Clearing (AM) or Targa Plateau (TP) An Ancient Street (AA).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
dophin26 wrote:
I have been able to keep my mine tiles separated in their boxes, but figuring out which box to go to is a pain and I have a hard time deciphering the pics in the corner. Although I do not sleeve, I was thinking about sleeving the cards and then using a small hole punch to punch stickers to put on the sleeves, so the blue-sleeved cards would be from City of Ancients, yellow from Cynder, etc. Then I would know what box to go to. Anyone try this? My only hold back would be whether the cards would stack properly, I guess.

I have done something similar, but I went whole hog and got sleeves with colored backs for the map cards

green - Jargono
white - Targa
red - Cynder
brown - Trederra
black - Derelict Ship
yellow - Blasted Wastes

Yes, that means my mine map deck is composed of 6 different colors, but I don't see that as an issue. It is not going to provide any information if we know that the next mine card to be drawn has a Targa room on the back. Plus, I am able to slip the relevant encounter cards into the sleeve with the mine card so they are easy to find.

Then, the actual tiles are sorted into hanging file folders based on world and number of exits (1/2, 3, and 4) so just looking at the map card tells me exactly which folder the tile is in, and I only have to look through around 6 tiles to find the right one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bagley
United States
Franklin
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought two of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013Z5NVM0/ref=oh_aui_deta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
That'll work nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.