Hide
5 Posts

The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flooding and Refit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Palmer
msg tools
I just had a patrol and came back half flooded. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules about flooding causing additional refit time like hull damage does. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only hull damage extends refits. Flooding is "fixed" immediately after the attack is over. However, the negative effect of flooding is that it can increase during an attack and sink your boat if it gets out of hand. I don't recall that ever happening to me.

You really couldn't come back from patrol half flooded. It is resolved after each encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
msg tools
Thank you. Your reply makes sense, as I have to imagine that u-boats had pumps to remove flood water. I just didn't see anything in the rules specifically stating that the flooding marker goes back to the beginning upon completion of an encounter. I appreciate your help with my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See 10.7, Repairs, the first paragraph under Procedure:

"Once all combat rounds are completed, but
before rolling for any possible Following
attempt (9.7), remove the Flooding marker – all
Flooding damage is always pumped out."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
msg tools
Wow,I sure missed that one! Thanks so much for your answer and rules quote. I didn't think to look under "Repairs".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.