4 Posts

Sentient» Forums » Rules

Subject: Returning assistants after calibration. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Varenson
msg tools
mbmbmb

Let's say I use an assistant to block the dice from calibrating and later on I get a card that helps me get the desired result. Can I take my assistant back since it's no longer needed.

Eg - I need the dice on both sides to be even so I need to use an assistant to block one side to prevent it from turning "odd"

however I get another card that when added next to my calibrated card will turn the dice back to an even number had the assistant not been there. Can I add the new card and take my assistant back since it's no longer needed?

Hope the above made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope...once it's down, it's down. You can't pick up or move any of your assistants once you place them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
Nope...once it's down, it's down. You can't pick up or move any of your assistants once you place them.

This is correct -- you only have 5 assistants to use for the whole round, and once they have been played that cannot be moved. Your assistants will return to you at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Varenson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thematically it would make sense that the assistant would be keeping things under control and if the system could correct with the addition of a new root the assistant would no longer be needed. Getting the assistant back does make the game a bit easier as well.

Oh well ..it was good while it lasted. Thanks for clarifying guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.