Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was having a discussion with a friend tonight and we were talking about a ration(or something similar) that is discussed on BGG where you look to see how many games you have played more than the the spot they fall in when looking at your highest played games.
IE, your 9th highest played game in your collection has been played 9 times or your 15th highest played game in your collection has been played 15 times.
I know this is a weird question, but it was driving us nuts that we couldn't think of what this is called.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
H-Index
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ration between quality and quantity is A variant of h-index.
It is used in some geeklists where quantity and quality are combined and ordered in a single number: See
"Game designers rank",
"Wargame designers rank",
"Abstract game designers rank",
"Abstract game designers by geekrating",
"Wargame designers by geekrating" and
"Game designers by geekrating".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaaloechild wrote:

I clicked, and once again I thought 'Nah, not gonna try to make sense of that mess.'
Please give your layout some thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Android BGG app on my phone, it figures out my H-Index for me.
#imlazy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hojoh wrote:
I clicked, and once again I thought 'Nah, not gonna try to make sense of that mess.'

I usually absorb negative comments into something useful. That is how the h-index lists have evolved! But your is just too muchgulp. Where is "the mess" that has to be made into "sense"? I have had loads of thumbsthumbsup and bag, and positive comments like this, and constructive critics from the actual designers that I followed up on happily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaaloechild wrote:
hojoh wrote:

I usually absorb negative comments into something useful. That is how the h-index lists have evolved! But your is just too muchgulp. Where is "the mess" that has to be made into "sense"? I have had loads of thumbsthumbsup and bag, and positive comments like this, and constructive critics from the actual designers that I followed up on happily.

Ok. Whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
gaaloechild wrote:
hojoh wrote:

A more helpful answer would have been:

Thanks for all the links! If it's not too much trouble, could you put them on separate lines in the future? Makes it easier to figure out where each one starts and stops.

'cause you're both right... and wrong. Long links without line breaks are not user-friendly, but it isn't hard to ask nicely for better formatting.

Anyways, today I learned what H-Index is, which is pretty neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire_Forever wrote:
gaaloechild wrote:
hojoh wrote:

A more helpful answer would have been:

Thanks for all the links! If it's not too much trouble, could you put them on separate lines in the future? Makes it easier to figure out where each one starts and stops.

'cause you're both right... and wrong. Long links without line breaks are not user-friendly, but it isn't hard to ask nicely for better formatting.

Anyways, today I learned what H-Index is, which is pretty neat.

Yes, I realise I could have phrased it differently, and probably should have.
To be clear, I wasn't referring to the bunch of links, but to the pages linked. I appreciate the effort Per made, but the way the results are presented make it a chore to read them. The essence of my post was 'Please give your layout some thought'. Even more thumbs will come his way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.