Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game – 10 Year Anniversary Edition» Forums » General

Subject: What to Keep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nic X
msg tools
mbmb
So I just got the 10th anniversary box and Hero Pack 2. Trying to fit everything into the new Game by sorting out The original Core set from my collection. Obviously the 8 characters the original missions boards come out. the question is, Does anyone have a list of all the tokens that were in the original Core game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the appendix in the Complete Rulebook: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150670/last-night-earth-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic X
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you that looks like that will sort everything out nicely for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on an update with 10AE and HP2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the hardest part of integrating the 10YAE was decoupling my core-set from the rest of the expos. It took the entirety of my Brimstone table (no small feat) to organize and complete this task.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear - if you own pretty much everything from LNOE including the base game and original expansion as well as Timber Peak and Blood in the Forest .... all that stuff ...

Everything is still valid and usable with the 10AE set as long as you remove just the original base game and all its components?

I was confused about how it all fit together since Timber Peak introduced those "gain experience" rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all works. The 10AE rulebook even includes most of the expansion rules (even if it is not as well integrated as in the Unofficial Complete Rulebook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - i've figured out everything except the markers.

Do I need all the Lights Out and Fire and Taken over tokens/markers and so forth at this point, or just the ones that come with 10AE and I can get rid of what seems like duplicate tokens?

Like right now there are 16 fire, 11 Taken over, and 9 Lights out I think.

Not to mention multiple copies of the number and letter sets as well as the smaller round ones like supplies...

Edit: ok - I just found the part in the rules that says there may never be more than 8 fire markers out at a time, so I guess that means I should get rid of all the duplicate markers ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Verbelen
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any more info on this. I have the original + all boxed expansions (not the mini sets and such) and am trying to fit everything in there. I'm hoping getting rid of some of the spare tokens and duplicate cards could clear up some space.

Obviously one would need only 1 sun track, and 1 mini for each character, ... but the rest is a bit confusing.

A clear list would really help. I'd be willing to help out with that.

eq. (and this is just guess work):
- keep all unique markers (items etc.)
- 1 set of numbers
- 1 of letters
- all plastic markers are enough to be used for everything (just a guess) so keep those and discard all cardboard wound, xp, spawning pits, gasoline markers etc.

It should be possible to figure out how many lights out and taken overs are in a possible fully combined deck.

But the cards .... like shamble etc ... could be tricky to balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What more info would you need? All components of all expansions and supplements are listed in the Complete Rulebook (on the files page and now including 10AE, HP2 and IFOS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Verbelen
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they are all listed there (I found it in the other threads here, it was a big help separating the base game from the expansions). I'm thinking about a comprehensive list to easily separate stuff into:

10AE box with just enough ofeverything needed to play every possible scenario

and

a spare box to keep leftover/redundant stuff: cardboard versions of the plastic tokens, redundant taken over tokens, spare duplicate cards from TP etc.

Why keep 36 extra wound markers in the 10AE box if the 24 plastic ones won't ever run out? That kind of thing.

Adding the gazillion cards together might kill the deck balance (who needs 12 shambles?, so it could be a good idea to remove some duplicates.
Though thinking about it: that might balance itself out in the end. I just don't like separating out everything once it's been mixed, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything fits in the 10AE box except the scenario/hero cards, the three CDs and the models if you want to protect your paint job. I did a detailed photo analysis of that in another thread.

Who's to say how many Wound tokens you will need for your super scenario of the Earth Overrun with Zombies, Martians and x extra Heroes?

Just keep everything except the obvious duplicates of Heroes, maps, scenarios and cards from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irozato wrote:
Is there any more info on this. I have the original + all boxed expansions (not the mini sets and such) and am trying to fit everything in there. I'm hoping getting rid of some of the spare tokens and duplicate cards could clear up some space.

Obviously one would need only 1 sun track, and 1 mini for each character, ... but the rest is a bit confusing.

A clear list would really help. I'd be willing to help out with that.

eq. (and this is just guess work):
- keep all unique markers (items etc.)
- 1 set of numbers
- 1 of letters
- all plastic markers are enough to be used for everything (just a guess) so keep those and discard all cardboard wound, xp, spawning pits, gasoline markers etc.

It should be possible to figure out how many lights out and taken overs are in a possible fully combined deck.

But the cards .... like shamble etc ... could be tricky to balance.

I agree with Gunther, this would be really helpful to me. I don't play enough to know what duplicates of stuff I could sort out and get out of the way and put in a spare box in the closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.