4 Posts

Not Alone: Exploration» Forums » General

Subject: Clarification on "The Pole" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben McInroy
Canada
flag msg tools
Reading up on the rules before I get my copy, just want to make sure I understand this correctly:

1) The rescue token is 2 spaces from victory, the assimilation marker is 1 point from victory

2) A hunted player is not caught on "The Pole" in phase 3, but they have only 1 will and use its ability.

3) They remove their last will, and the creature wins since losing all your will advances the assimilation marker.

Rescue token would move afterwards (from the Pole effect), but in this case the hunted already lost.

Do I have this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
I don't think that is correct. The check to see if any of the hunted have no will left is at the end of phase 3. So the hunted player pays one will and performs the power of the pole. This wins the hunted the game. The game is thus over before getting to the part that would make the creature win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McInroy
Canada
flag msg tools

This is the only rule I can find on this, from the original games (english) rule book.

It implies that it would be anytime during the phase, does not say anything about end of phase 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb

Yes it's correct. So in that case don't use the power of the Pole.

(You can play the Pole but instead of playing its power just take a card from your discard pile ;-) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.