Flick 'em Up!: Dead of Winter» Forums » Rules

Subject: A new horde arrives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonny Bohnanny

Nebraska
msg tools
Just to be super clear:
1. The number of zombies dropped from the tower before each round begins includes the zombies that were wounded the previous round plus the ones added according to the number on the respective invasion marker?

2. Does "A New Horde Arrives" happen at the beginning of a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddi F
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, you only spawn the number indicated by the number on the invasion marker.

2. No. At the beginning of the game you don't spawn more zombies. The ones already on the board are more than enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonny Bohnanny

Nebraska
msg tools
Eddi2016 wrote:
1. No, you only spawn the number indicated by the number on the invasion marker.

Does this mean that: if the number of zombies wounded during the round is greater than the number on the next invasion marker zombies are removed from the bin before the "A New Horde Arrives"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throw all killed zombies in the bin. Then, at the end of the round, just take as many as needed for the new horde from the bin. If the bin is empty and you need more zombies you'll lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonny Bohnanny

Nebraska
msg tools
I'm just realizing now that as part of the setup... some specified number of zombies start in the bin, and some start in town. These are the only zombies used for the scenario - the rest are set aside and will never enter that game.

I think not understanding that the only zombies used for the scenario are indicated in set up was my main confusion..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Might be worth reiterating that zombies that are lying down at the end of the round are not included in the end of round rush.

First, any zombies that have been knocked over stand up where they are. Then, you do the rush for "A New Horde Arrives", by adding however many zombies the invasion marker tells you to, which rush from the location that the scenario tells you the tower should be placed.

If any zombies are knocked over by the "A New Horde Arrives" rush, they stay down at the start of the new round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.