Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far it looks as if the expansion stickers for the first two adventure expansions are not formatted the same as the base game. Is this a trend that will continue or something that will get corrected in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Expansion feature stickers

xris wrote:
It occurs to me that it might not be a error or mistake.

It might be that they noticed there was a potential alignment issue with the original stickers that had a larger print area. There's very little room between the top and bottom of the print area, less than 1mm, and I would imagine that it might be common for the sticker to misalign with the cut out.

This is normally referred to as the bleed area. The bleed area on the original was very, very small so they fixed it with the new expansions and made the bleed area larger. To achieve this they decided to reduce the print area by 78%.

It would be interesting to see what the stickers look like for the base game if (when) they do a second print run.

I'm now sure that it wasn't an error but intentional. If they change back is another matter.

xris wrote:
I think they had two choices, nether of which are really good.

(a) They left things as they were and have people complain when their stickers were poorly cut (because the bleed area was so small).

or

(b) They made a change to which those who care / notice about such things might complain about.

With (a), only a small percentage of people would be affected but it would mean they have components that couldn't be used due to part of the text being cut off.

With (b), at least the components are fully usable even if the cut is off-center but it does mean the sticker is harder to read and annoying to those of us with CDO (which is like OCD but at least in the correct alphabetical order).

So, do you allow something that results in a defective component for a small percentage of unlucky people or do you fix the issue but annoy a possible larger percent of people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.