Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you play "look what I found" after a failed test, take the 2 clues, then play lucky to make the test succesful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when you play "look what i found" the test is already failed so you cant make it to be successful by playing lucky.

nice try though. trying to hit 2 birds with one stone, but it wont work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
dchamp wrote:
when you play "look what i found" the test is already failed so you cant make it to be successful by playing lucky.

nice try though. trying to hit 2 birds with one stone, but it wont work.

Ahon, can we just pretend it work, just don't tell anyone?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tennessee Schaefer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
The ancient ones are known to monitor the forums and will report you to the local authorities. You have been warned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
You can do whatever you want! It's your game.

Unfortunately I would argue that "Look what I found" says after you fail. Meaning you've failed so the test is over where as Lucky says when you would fail meaning at the time of playing the card the test technically has not resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To understand the timing by the rules, you need three definitions: "When", "After", and "Would". The last one is, annoyingly, found under "Instead" rather than its own heading.

"When you would..." means that the effect of Lucky! happens before the failure takes effect ("When") and, assuming you changed the value to result in success, replaces the failure event into a success. The failure no longer happened.

"After", on "Look What I Found!", means that it is triggered by a failure taking effect.

Either the failure has happened and you can play "Look What I Found!", or the failure has not yet happened and you prevent it from ever happening by playing Lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
CSerpent wrote:
To understand the timing by the rules, you need three definitions: "When", "After", and "Would". The last one is, annoyingly, found under "Instead" rather than its own heading.

"When you would..." means that the effect of Lucky! happens before the failure takes effect ("When") and, assuming you changed the value to result in success, replaces the failure event into a success. The failure no longer happened.

"After", on "Look What I Found!", means that it is triggered by a failure taking effect.

Either the failure has happened and you can play "Look What I Found!", or the failure has not yet happened and you prevent it from ever happening by playing Lucky!

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.