Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What custom meeples do you want for your games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
The Game Crafter is looking to add a bunch of new meeples in 2018 for pimping out your favorite board games. What custom meeple shapes would you want if you could have anything at all?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
I don't want meeples at all, actually.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
mi_de wrote:
I don't want meeples at all, actually.


Fair enough. Is there anything you do want to enhance your games?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momo Momo
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
mi_de wrote:
I don't want meeples at all, actually.


Fair enough. Is there anything you do want to enhance your games?


Maybe a friend, but I don't expect you to work miracles.
17 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Comstock
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I kinda want some “cheaples” - disposible and inexpensive ones that I can set up for air gun night at the local shooting range. In different colors in and shapes. They are just the right size for making tough, little, fun targets.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Buckmaster
United States
Ada
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some short stocky little dwarves for caverna
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark w

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was any way to make burgle bros style meeples that would be cool. If you had 6 or so standard blanks and a custom sticker sheet template it would be fun to have them in some games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar

I'm getting a bit tired of those flat-sided meeple figures, whether decorated or not.

So how about luxury wooden pawns? By pawns, I'm referring to elegantly shaped abstract pieces, derived from a cylinder, e.g. chess pawn or parcheesi piece.

A range of different shapes, sizes, colours (including natural stains), would be nice.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
A set of dinos would be neat! (Like the ones from Dinosaur Island, but preferably not pink...)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2019 Jun 12th - 16th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 18 left to play
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of Viking themed games out recently.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
I don't want meeples at all, actually.


I agree with this but, if I'm playing someone else's game & they have pimped out Meeples then that's cool.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gimo Barrera
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
We should take Bikini Bottom
badge
and push it somewhere else
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more versions of wooden coins. maybe a little larger like the size of poker chips.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in general animal meeples and machines, (plane, ship industrial or sail,cars, trucks, tanks, mechs)

Meeples you can personalize, stickers for meeples to add faces clothes (armor)or make them alien
or recreate a char from another geme .Thinking personas from the world of magic, superheroes, films,d&d,books


thats my first guess

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Hiwiller
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaceships
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gimodude wrote:
I'd love to see more versions of wooden coins. maybe a little larger like the size of poker chips.

+1. If they could be stackable that would be even nicer. A way so same size coins cannot slide off a stack and smaller ones fit on top.

And in the same category, could use some victory point tokens too. Perhaps some artistic person could come up with a design that works for both purposes.

It would be something I would have next to the games and pull out if a given game could use it. Some 1's, some 3's, some 5's, some 10's, and some 20's. A total of 1k gold to have enough for 4-5 players and various games (but might have to research a few games to get the right amount).

Bonus: 4-5 small chests for storing coin/points in games where it is hidden information.

I am thinking ~€25 with EU shipping for a set. Less I would rather have extra coins (or the bonus chests) and more it starts getting a little pricey.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

I'm getting a bit tired of those flat-sided meeple figures, whether decorated or not.

So how about luxury wooden pawns? By pawns, I'm referring to elegantly shaped abstract pieces, derived from a cylinder, e.g. chess pawn or parcheesi piece.

A range of different shapes, sizes, colours (including natural stains), would be nice.


+1 to this. I'd love to see fancy pawns like those in Blue Moon City:


~V
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aziras wrote:
gimodude wrote:
I'd love to see more versions of wooden coins. maybe a little larger like the size of poker chips.

+1. If they could be stackable that would be even nicer. A way so same size coins cannot slide off a stack and smaller ones fit on top.

And in the same category, could use some victory point tokens too. Perhaps some artistic person could come up with a design that works for both purposes.

It would be something I would have next to the games and pull out if a given game could use it. Some 1's, some 3's, some 5's, some 10's, and some 20's. A total of 1k gold to have enough for 4-5 players and various games (but might have to research a few games to get the right amount).

Bonus: 4-5 small chests for storing coin/points in games where it is hidden information.

I am thinking ~€25 with EU shipping for a set. Less I would rather have extra coins (or the bonus chests) and more it starts getting a little pricey.


+1 to all of these.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
zhiwiller wrote:
Spaceships

Good one! thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sally Gurney
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple bulk cheap meepley resources - like wood, food, etc. Rather than having to buy specific sets for specific games, or only being able to find fancy painted ones, just some nice simple, basic ones for swapping into games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been dying for some non-cute, non-screenprinted, more affordable animeeples for Dominant Species. I have some .ai shapes I prepared for someone else who never produced them if you are interested.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gimodude wrote:
I'd love to see more versions of wooden coins. maybe a little larger like the size of poker chips.


Larger than poker chips? 1.5"D? 2"D? At some point they become medallions

What themes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Custom Five Tribes meeples
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A replacement set of knights & king for the CMON version of Torres that don't fall over at the slightest bump.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KarpetRydOFunk wrote:
rizendefrag wrote:
mi_de wrote:
I don't want meeples at all, actually.


Fair enough. Is there anything you do want to enhance your games?


Maybe a friend, but I don't expect you to work miracles.


2 or 3 regular opponents for me. :SIGH:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A toolkit of pieces to support color blind gamers. For examples, some green and blue meeples with bold black stripes, blue and green disks with bulls-eyes, blue and green cubes with high contract circles painted on them, etc. I'd keep a "toolkit" of these in my cons' library so gamers could borrow pieces that help them enjoy poorly designed (for them) games.

I don't really know what pieces should be in this kit, but a wiki for gamers who face these challenges would probably work. Put photos in it showing differentiated pieces next to each other, so CB gamers can yea/nay them and make suggestions.

This could extend your business beyond game piece "pimpage." I'm happy to help with the data collection necessary for the design, but only after a commitment to make the selected parts.
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.