Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Herlofsen
Norway
Skien
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm one of those people who generally enjoy soloing CDGs by playing both/all players to the best of my ability. I understand this isn't the ideal way to play games like these, but I've had enjoyable solo sessions of Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory and For the People, for example.

I did find that soloing the game 13 Days (a nice game about the Cuban Missile Crisis which has a few superficial similarities with Fort Sumter) was less satisfying due to the smaller size of the game.

Which is all a way of asking:

1) Is this game soloable in this way?

2) Do you think it will be fun (for me, but many people play like this) doing so?

Thanks for any feedback, and for your excellent contributions to the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the chrome I see in photos I think it looks like there's more to keep a solo player engaged than there is in 13 Days. Will have to wait for a rulebook though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredut wrote:
I'm one of those people who generally enjoy soloing CDGs by playing both/all players to the best of my ability. I understand this isn't the ideal way to play games like these, but I've had enjoyable solo sessions of Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory and For the People, for example.

I did find that soloing the game 13 Days (a nice game about the Cuban Missile Crisis which has a few superficial similarities with Fort Sumter) was less satisfying due to the smaller size of the game.

Which is all a way of asking:

1) Is this game soloable in this way?

2) Do you think it will be fun (for me, but many people play like this) doing so?

Thanks for any feedback, and for your excellent contributions to the hobby.

I have played it solo about a hundred times, but I was testing not looking for a solo experience. You can play it solo, but I think it will be a bit flat.

Toward that end, Stuka Joe has kindly offered to adapt his solo system to the game. He has the components and such, so we will see what he comes up with.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Herlofsen
Norway
Skien
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, I'll give it a go and see how I fare. As long as I learn the rules and get some sense of narrative I'll get something out of it. This is a game that I have a decent chance of getting to the table opposed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.