Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Hello all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for good books / resources about the different ships that appear in X-Wing / Armada? I would like to find out more about the ships, battles and strategies depicted in these games and movies.

I have compiled a list of books that seem to cover these areas - see my list below. There are a bunch of books that have cross-sections and schematics and then visual guides, atlases, general guides and other books on ships and vehicles. I have put these roughly in chronological order.

Has anyone read any of these? Any recommendations or ones to avoid, or other books that would be good to get, or websites?

I am not sure if this sort of post is allowed in the games forum so moderator please move if it isn’t appropriate. I have also cross-posted this in the X-Wing forum.

Cross section books:

Incredible Cross-Sections of Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide to Star Wars Vehicles and Spacecraft (hardcover) – October 5, 1998 by David Reynolds (Author),‎ Hans Jenssen (Illustrator),

Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections: The Spacecraft and Vehicles of the Entire Star Wars Saga (Hardcover) – March 19, 2007 by Curtis Saxton (Author),‎ Kerrie Dougherty (Author)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Sections (Hardcover) – December 18, 2015 by Jason Fry (Author),‎ Kemp Remillard

Star Wars The Last Jedi Incredible Cross-Sections (Hardcover) – December 15, 2017 by Jason Fry (Author),‎ Kemp Remillard (Illustrator)

Other books:

The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (Star Wars) (Paperback) – September 30, 2003 by Haden Blackman (Author)

Star Wars: The Essential Atlas (Paperback) – August 18, 2009 by Daniel Wallace (Author),‎ Jason Fry (Author)

The Essential Guide to Warfare (Star Wars) (Star Wars: Essential Guides) (Paperback )– April 3, 2012 by Jason Fry (Author),‎ Paul R. Urquhart (Author)

Star Wars: Complete Vehicles (Hardcover) – July 29, 2013 by DK (Author)

Ultimate Star Wars – April 28, 2015 (hardcover)
by Ryder Windham (Author),‎ Adam Bray (Author),‎ & 3 more

Star Wars®: Imperial Handbook (Star Wars (Chronicle)) (Hardcover) – August 11, 2015 by Daniel Wallace (Author)

Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Hardcover) – April 4, 2017 by Adam Bray (Author),‎ Cole Horton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Contains canon and legends data on more Star Wars stuff than you can imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Ironman2140 wrote:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Contains canon and legends data on more Star Wars stuff than you can imagine. :D

Haha - yes, there is so much out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for recommendation on Essential Guide to Warfare--will get this after Xmas with the propaganda posters book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.