Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: PDS - Newbie Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
For my understanding, during tactical action if a player move his fleet from [A] to [C=activated system], where in [B] are no fleet units, but planets with other players Level 1 PDS, this PDS can do nothing, because it can only fire on the activated system, at the end of the movement phase, and this is out of reach?

(Maybe action cards or other components - allows this, but i didnt like to read all cards, components to get an advantage vs my mates)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct, and there are components which could change things, but we will indeed ignore them in this context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
impish1234 wrote:
For my understanding, during tactical action if a player move his fleet from [A] to [C=activated system], where in [B] are no fleet units, but planets with other players Level 1 PDS, this PDS can do nothing, because it can only fire on the activated system, at the end of the movement phase, and this is out of reach?

(Maybe action cards or other components - allows this, but i didnt like to read all cards, components to get an advantage vs my mates)

You are correct. PDS cannot fire at a ship in passing, only at the active sector after all ships have moved.

But there is 1 component that changes the situation in your diagram, and it's important enough that you should know it before you consider the case closed.

The PDS II Deep Space Cannon upgrade allows PDS fire against ships in adjacent systems. If the player who owns the PDS in system B has this upgrade, then they will be able to fire at the ships in system C, regardless of where they moved from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Next One.....

If i activate /B\ and have to stop my ships (2 movements) in nebula system after first movement so the pds (level 2) cant shot because nebula isnt the activated system?

is this right and legal?

Or must i activate the nebula system to move in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's an illegal move. The units can only stop in the active system, so they can't enter the Nebula.

Edit: As proof...

RRG - Nebula wrote:
50.1 A ship can only move into a nebula if it is the active system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks found it 5 minutes before, wondering why i cant remember >> im old

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.